when you have a younger sibling, they become your everything.

(A/N, ok so, I need to ask a question, I have known I have depression since I was eleven but, is it normal to think about self harm every day for years? cuz with yearly checkups it was on the depression thing and I just want to know if it's normal or whatever... anyway, on with the story!)

he listens to the shouting of his foster parents from upstairs, his room being on the first floor and theirs on the second. a knocking stops his train of thought, there were other kids in the house but they seem to ignore him.

getting off the bed he opens the door to see the youngest, a little girl called Maya, her dirty blonde hair pulled into a lose ponytail, her wide blue eyes watering as she looks up at him asking softly "could I stay with you tonight?" he opens his mouth to say 'no, absolutely not.' but then he sees the tinge fear in her eyes and he sighs already knowing he'll say yes but asks anyway with a slight southern drawl "why? what's got you scared?"

she frowns but shakes her head, "no, the spiders. Ms. Mathews doesn't believe me, but they come! and they'll bite me, and that hurts-"

he says cutting her off "ok, Baby Doll, I believe you. I won't leave you tonight." she blinks repeatedly as if he grew two heads. he honestly wasn't surprised that Ms. Mathews didn't believe her. she doesn't believe anything that doesn't have the word 'god' in it.

huffing he steps out of the doorway saying "leave it open." starting to climb into bed she shakes her head, not moving from the doorway saying "I can't sleep. and what's with 'Baby Doll'?" groaning he says "you look like a doll. so what do you want to do?" she smiles brightly and says "teach me something." now it's his turn to blink, kids don't normally want to learn.

he stares at her for a second as if checking for tentacles or any sign she wasn't human, in the light streaming in from the hallway he could see her pink flowery pj's, she's smaller then normal so she looks even younger then she is, her current age being six. defiantly a doll.

he sighs "ok, what grade are you at?" she makes a face saying "fourth, what does that have to do with anything?" he grins, normally he doesn't do anything advanced with anyone but beings as shes two grades ahead he's willing to give it a shot, saying "would you like to know how cars are put together?"

realization hits her face and she asks with barely contained excitement, "really? you know how to do that?" he nods calmly, but a fond smile plays on his lips. and so they spend the whole night making blueprints and sketches of how to make and improve cars.

Leo swallows the lump forming in his throat, he realized when he got to camp that she was a half-blood, a child of Athena. since he realized this, he could barely look at Annabeth without seeing her.

his eyes water remembering what happened to his foster sister. said blonde asks "was she a-" he interrupts her saying "yes, she was a half-blood, your sister." Annabeth frowns studying him asking "why didn't you tell me about her?" Leo presses his lips into a fine line saying "I couldn't. you'll see soon." she huffs but doesn't press the matter further.