four

"Hey Iris" I turned around and it was some man that I don't know.

I gave him a confused look. "I'm Eric, Eric Jones" He stated and I was still confused.

He looked sad and hurt. "I don't know who you are..." I trailed off with my words walking away but he followed me.

"Look, I just saw that you're a lawyer, due to your business card" He said taking it out his pocket and I said, Oh

"What do you need?" I asked moving a piece of hair from my face. It's really windy out. "The mother of my child is not in a good mind set, and she's doing crazy things like drugging my daughter and hitting her physically" He handed me a picture of his daughter and Baby Mother

"Have you tried called CPS?" That was my first answer. If a child is going through something's home, especially it involved abuse, call Child Protective Services

Why does the mother even have the child then...

He stayed quiet it for a few. "No..." He said and I sighed roughly.

"Look Eric, I could see what I could do, but in the meantime do you guys share custody of your child" This reply wasn't even a question, I just wanted to help the child.

He nodded.

"When you get her, call CPS and tell them what happen, spend as much time with your daughter, so when she goes back to her mom, document any bruises or marks on her" I handed him a paper.

"What's this?" He asked. "That's all the information you need with CPS, things like these, that involve children, takes time and take photos and pictures of your daughter, so when them come to interview you, you show them evidence" I referred to evidence as the pictures and videos.

"Okay, Thank you and I heard you're good with cases like these" He began talking and gave me a hand shake. I smiled slightly. "You're welcome, Have a good day" I waved and began walking while he did the same.

It made me sickened to see or hear about cases like these. I've had many people ask for lawyers   about their significant other abusing or doing other things to the child.

It was really windy out. I had on a black suit while some heels, I didn't check the weather today but I knew it was going to be like this

I wanted to relax myself, I went out to get some pizza with of course ranch and just eat that.

-
-
-
-

"Home time" I began walking to my car when I dropped my keys on the floor. It was already dark and nobody was even here to help me, knowing that it's pitch black in the area I'm in.

"Flashlight" I took out my phone and it was dead. "Seriously!" I yelled and threw it back in my bag.

I groaned putting my bag on top of my car, bending down looking for my keys. I heard footsteps coming my way but I thought the person was just going a different way.

"Found ya" I got my keys and dusted off my pants. To my surprise I thought I was seeing things, But I wasn't.

I saw the man I hated with all my life. It's been what, I can't even remember the years but it's been days, months and even years, short ones, and he's here.

"Great, Dalton" I sighed taking my bag off my car before he could even see me.

I turned back around and he wasn't there. "Good" Was all I said and before I knew it, he was behind me, but I didn't know.

"You're still short" He said and I got scared. Since I took a lot of defensive classes, I was in luck.

One quick punch he got in the face and almost another one in his nose but he stopped me before anything. "It's just me, Iris" He rubbed his face and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to see you, hear you, or even look at you breath, now go away" I waved my hand flying him away but he didn't budge, he just looked at me.

"What" I snapped at him angrily. I wanted to take his stupid head and smash it against the tree.

"I came here to apologize and before you ask, I work around here but In a different area from you work, I was going home when I heard your voice but I thought I was going crazy" His face showed blank expressions.

I laughed and sighed. "Did you not say 'I never want to see you' Last time I check, I made your life miserable". I excused him for being in my space and began to open the door to my car.

"Yeah, I still hate you"

That wasn't even a surprise