seven

FLASHBACK

Date: November 12

Dalton Myers

After I finished college, I pushed away Iris. She stuck with me, even though I've said and done a lot of things.

One day she called me saying she wanted to talk. I was frustrated because I didn't want to see her as of right now, but I did it anyways.

"Hey". She said moving a piece of hair out her face smiling.

"Hi" I said that bluntly with no meaning to the word at all.

She took a deep breathe and began talking. "Dalton, I know you hate me and I understand why but I don't fully understand why you hate me, I mean you treat me like crap". Her voice started to crack at the end. "And Me being the one to stay, I feel like you dont-"

"I don't want to be your friend, I hate you, badly". I moved closer to her and she backed away but I held her arms. "All you do is cry, you're pathetic and weak, your parents hate you more than I do" I gripped on her arms some more but she was focusing on my eyes.

"When I look at you, you're annoying human being who I spend my time with and I hate you because I love you, which that wasn't supposed to be happen". I roughly let go of her and turned around taking a few deep breathes.

She was repeatedly blinking her tears away. She was standing there shaking. "I- my parents don't hate me and neither do you". She took her hand wiping away her tears.

Truth be told, her parents did hate her but she already knew that.

"You're naive, selfish and pathetic. All these years being friends with you, made me wonder, I see why your parents hate you so much!" I yelled grabbing both her wrists.

"Dalton you're hurting me" She tried moving her wrists away from my strong grip, but I didn't work. "I don't care if I'm hurting you, Iris. You're nothing but a naive, disappointment human who needs to be alone, by yourself" And with that she had tears running down her eyes, uncontrollably.

She looked down and saw my hand print on her wrist. She winced in pain and began crying harder.

"Dalton-"

I cut her off. "I do not care if you don't have anyone, I don't care about you or your life". And with that I left her standing there in her apartment crying.

-
-
-
-

What I come to realize is, I hurt Iris that day , badly. She stayed with me before and after I've hurt her more than once.

And that's what I love- No I don't love her.

"Carrie, Can you come to my office please" I spoke on the phone and hung it up.

I was overthinking about Iris. I wonder if anything happening to her or if she's-

No Dalton, you don't care about her.

I heard a knock on the door and it was Carrie, My assistant. "Everything Okay, Mr.Myers?" She asked holding a clipboard.

I sighed. "Carrie, Don't call me 'Mr.Myers, I feel old, but you could go home now". I waved my hand for her to go and she smiled.

"Okay, Night". She shut the door and I leaned back in my chair.

I've said mean things to Iris. When I came to her apartment, I lied. Her parents didn't give me her address, I own the building she staying in, so It was very easy to see her.

Her parents don't even know, if she's alive or dead.

Her eyes were no longer full of happiness, It was red most of the time. She kept on blinking repeatedly or pinching at her hands, even biting her lip.

Iris is very anxious and jittery. But she's also scared.

I gave her a box with our yearbook we shared, along with some candles and my hoodies, plus blanket.

We shared that blanket and she was wearing the hoodie whenever she comes over crying and feeing down, and we would watch a movie.

She would fall asleep during it and I would look
at her, while she's sleeping. She was in pain but Iris is very a private and quiet person.

She doesn't have friends, friends have her. What I mean by that is, she never has real friends, people would use her for homework or just to pick on her.

Friends are like shadows. They follow you in the sun but In the dark, they disappear until they need you for something.

I regret meeting Iris because sometimes, I wish I didn't hate her, But I did.

"It sucks" I got up and cleared my desk leaving the building.

"Tony, Have a good day". I gave tony the building manger to make sure he keeps everything in tact, forty dollars.

He smiled. "Dalton, you don't have to give me this". He said handing it back to me.

I took the cash and placed it in his hands. "Tony, I've bought your family a house and multiple things, even gave you a job". I told. "Take it" And with that I patted his back smiling off to go home.