eight

"Ma'am, you cannot have your child stay with you, when you are in this state of mind". I was now testifying for Eric Jones for his daughter Robin Jones.

"Robins Mother is a drug addict as well, on top of that, Robyn is a five year old being left alone for two days while her mother goes to parties and doesn't come back until three o'clock in the morning" I stated for the court while everyone gasped.

"Is this true Ms. Liner?" The judge asked turning to face her.

She nodded with tears.

"Then why are you crying? Your daughter isn't even seven yet, and you're not taking care of her, your leaving her home-" The judge was cut off when Ms. Liner interrupted.

"Sir I-"

The judge banged his gavel on the table on pointed at Ms.Liner. "You're leaving her home for days and not even checking up on her, you are a dug addict who abuses your child mental and physical". The judge started packing his things.

"Until you get your stuff together, that child lives with her father until you have some sense!" And with that he banged his gavel and exited out this courtroom.

I sighed and sat down on the seat. This case took over two months or even more since the mother was moving places with her child.

I rubbed my temples and relaxed a little.

"Iris?" I looked up and It was Eric with his Daughter. I smiled and waved at her.

"Thank you for everything, and I know this past couple months been stressful but thank you" He said holding up his daughter.

I don't even get a word out, He pulled me in for a hug. "Thank you, Thank you" He said starting to cry. I chuckled. "You're welcome"

At the end of the day, I went to the bar to grab a drink real quick.

"Hey Liam, can I get a club soda please?" I asked handing him my purse.

He chuckled. "Long day?" He took a wild guess and I nodded.

He gave me the drink and I took a sip.

"If you get drunk, I'll drive you home". He said to serve other people.

After a few minutes, I was tipsy. Liam gave me another one but with Hennessy in it.

There were couples dancing and laughing, while I was... well feeling the need to cry.

"Iris, Two years of being friends, I've never seen you cry, until now". Lima sat down beside me while I ran my temples with my fingers.

I couldn't hold it any longer, I don't know if It was the alcohol or my feelings, but I cried.

"I hate him for making me feel this way, He's stupid and arrogant. He hurt me, and you know what I did, I stayed even though he said some things". I took a shot that was given to me. I don't think Liam could understand what I saying, since I was all over the place.

"Liam.. Do you think I'm stupid to let him give me a box full of memories, I don't want to see?" I muttered with my words.

He chuckled. "Iris, Your a real friend, you stuck by him even though he hates you, you're not stupid, you just need understanding that, sometimes in life, the people we love hurt us the most".

Okay, That hurt me.

-
-
-
-
The Next Morning, I woke up with a huge headache. I groaned out of bed looking for some pills to take when I saw a note on the nightstand.

You were crazy drunk but don't worry, I took you home and left you to do your business, I slept on the couch - L

The note was from Liam. I smiled and went to go take a quick shower.

After I got out the shower, I got dressed and just put on some sweats and a hoodie. I found a  sleeping Liam on the couch, I smiled and threw some covers over him.

I made some pancakes, and bacon, no eggs because they would be cold by the time he wakes up. Since I ate my breakfast I went to my room and just thought about what It would feel like, for him not to hate me.

"Good Morning" Liam came in sounding tired as ever. I smiled.

"Morning". I said. "I made you some breakfast and if you want to brush your teeth then, there's a extra toothbrush at the bottom of the sink" I explained to him and he nodded.

I later then get a phone call from my mom, which was crazy. I didn't answer it the first time but Liam left already, so answered the second.

"Hi Mom" I bit my lip and started pinching my hands.

She groaned over the phone. "Took you long enough, I need you to come visit us home, we haven't seen you in forever, plus your father wants you to meet someone". She said sighing over the phone.

I cleared my throat feeling a lump inside. "Mom... I can't-"

"Iris, I do not care what you have or what you're going through, you will visit us, end of discussion" And with that she hung up the phone.

I threw the phone on the bed and kicked the covers off my leg. I then stop pinching my hands and looked at them.

There were bruised, but I didn't care.

"Time to see Mommy dearest"