Two - Arrow Jupiter

On my ship, headed west for Cobo, the biggest of the capitals, my home.

I've just finished a 2 week voyage and I'm ready to head home for some well earned rest. Being a voyager pays well, I mean I'm not rich or anything but I keep myself going. That's not why I do this though. I love going on adventures travelling and exploring the galaxy for myself.

Some find it lonely, but that's what my rag-doll Atlas is for. He's a pure white with a creamy coloured chin and paws. He is extremely fluffy and also a little chubby from where I give him one too many treats. He's best friend and only companion on these adventures. We talk to each other and connect, like we can read each other's minds. He just gets me and I get him. It might sound silly because he's a cat, but I love him. It was tough to have him allowed on the ships though. Voyagers aren't really allowed pets, but I worked hard and proved that Atlas could be a good asset to my work. I couldn't do it without him.

My ship was pretty cosy

My ship was pretty cosy. When you entered it you walked into the common room. This is where I eat, chill and make food. As well as play chess, I love a strategy game and it keeps me busy on long trips. I still let Atlas win though. I also keep most of my maps in here. If you go through to the top of the ship, that's the cockpit. I think that room can explain itself. Back into the common room and going to the door on the other side of the ship, my bedroom. It's white and blue and pretty minimal decor. I like to keep things in there sleek and tidy. I have Atlas' bed in the corner but he rarely uses it. Attached to my bedroom I have my bathroom. Again, that can explain itself.

I was roughly a days journey away from Cobo. Flying conditions in space had been a bit mysterious recently; very windy and a lot of asteroids. Luckily my route is nowhere near any of the recorded bad conditions so I don't have a lot to worry about. I think I'm a pretty decent pilot.

I know the maps off by heart and can track down anywhere you want to find. It's like a second nature to me. General Rylan, the Leader of Cobo, had actually offered me a job as a mapmaker. I turned it down because I knew I'd be put to better use being a Voyager. The feeling of being free was something I couldn't get stuck at a desk all day drawing maps. That doesn't mean that I don't love drawing a good map every now and then. It calms me whenever my emotions try and get the better of me.

I was just settling down for some breakfast with Atlas when the intercom tells me my fuel is low. So much for an easy journey home. I check to see where I am and set myself en route to the nearest port to refuel and maybe grab some extra supplies while I'm there. Atlas is getting  a bit moody and is in need of some treats. It shouldn't be much of a detour.

I'm 10 minutes away from the port and on 5% fuel. Great. I should make it, just. I didn't realise my fuel had gotten so low. I'd been so distracted with wanting to race home as quickly as possible that I'd forgotten to check my fuel. I was never normally this clumsy while flying. I made a mental note to take a nap today, maybe I was just tired. Atlas was meowing at me, he missed home too. I know how he felt but we both loved adventures way too much that we'd get bored without them.

I'd been a voyager for 3 years now, I started as soon as I left academics when I was 18. It's been the most exhilarating and exhausting 3 years of my life but I wouldn't ever change it. I've seen so many different cities, planets and pretty much everything the galaxy has to offer. Name a planet, I've been there. Academics was never really for me, I hated being stuck in a room at a desk. I hated having to make small talk with the person next to you and ask them about their weekends and their family. Voyaging was fun because I was in control and I didn't have to small talk with anyone because my only companion is a slightly overweight, fluffy cat.

I got up and walked over into the cockpit where I took over from autopilot. If I controlled the ship it would use less fuel and hopefully get us there faster. I was known by my co-workers for being quite a reckless pilot at times but I like to say tactical. Atlas followed me into the cockpit and hid under my chair. It was his favourite spot and I didn't mind; I liked the company.

I landed on a pad at the port and got out my ship. I left the door open so that Atlas could get out and get some air before we took off again. Most would call this silly because 'you'll lose him' 'what if he runs off?' But Atlas always comes back to me. We're inseparable.

I go into the port pod and I grab some bread, tea bags and some cat treats and head to pay. I hand the guy my items and my ticket to prove I'm not some deserter or criminal. They never used to ask for tickets but now there's a lot of people wanted for treason. I pay for my bits and leave the pod. On my way out I grab a few fuel boxes and head back towards my ship. I open up the fuel tank and throw in at least enough to last me 3 days. I like to be prepared. I call for Atlas and he walks out of the ship to me. I pick him up and give him one of the treats I just bought and get back on the ship. I close the door behind me, head into the cockpit and set off.