Eight - Arrow

Walking back to Pluto, I was really hoping she would be okay. She seemed like she could handle herself. I really didn't like the idea of leaving her out there by herself but she'll be back soon and I really need to start working on the ship.

I got back to Pluto and Atlas was sitting on the overturned sofa in the common room. I sat comforting him for a bit and gave him some of his favourite treats. I was so glad he wasn't hurt.

I walked through into the cockpit to take a look at what I was dealing with. It was pretty messy but Nova had tidied a few bits up before we left so it wasn't as bad as it could be. In a way I was glad that I had her here. I realise that I've missed actual human interaction. I can pretend to lie to myself saying I'm fine being alone, but Nova being here has made me smile more than I have in a long time. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

I looked at the left side of the ship where there was the most damage. Whatever we were hit by had caved in the side of Pluto. She's not completely crushed as she was built with metal stronger than you could think. That was one of the good things about living in Cobo. You get all the best materials and supplies for your ship. This wasn't my first crash and I doubt it will be my last. Pluto was one strong girl and she's served me well so far. I'm positive she can recover from this.

The pilots seat was completely crushed under the rock, most of the controls on the left side were smashed and only half of the lights were working. First I got to work on getting as much of the rubble out as possible and fixed the lights so i could see what i was doing. There was quite a lot of work to be done so I got straight to work.

A few hours go by and the light is starting to fade outside. Nova isn't back yet and I'm exhausted. I never did get that nap. I'd managed to build a temporary new pilots seat out of salvaged parts I'd collected for my voyage. I probably shouldn't have used them, but Pluto was more important to me. I'd cleaned up the bedroom, bathroom and most of them common room but I just got too tired. I found a little deck chair that I kept in storage and sat it outside the ship to wait for Nova to get back. I made myself a hot drink and waited. If she wasn't back by dark, I think I'll have to go looking for her.

The sun had fully set now and Atlas had joined me outside. I'd finished my drink and was getting a little sleepy, and impatient. I saw a figure coming towards me in the dark. I was too sleepy to move and my eyes were slowly shutting. I felt someone help lift me up and suddenly I was walking into Pluto. That's all I remember.

I woke up in my bed. I'd fallen asleep and I don't quite know how I got into my bed. I stumbled up out of bed and went into the bathroom to wake myself up. I checked my chip. 7:48 AM. I had a good night sleep. I splashed my face with cold water and cleaned my teeth. I gave Atlas a few cuddles and went into the common room where i found Nova sleeping on the round sofa with a pillow and a blanket on the floor. She looked so cosy and peaceful sleeping. I picked up the blanket and put it back over her. I imagined she'd gotten me into bed. I opened the fridge and found two buckets full of water. I found some bread and made some french toast for me and Nova. I put some quiet music while I made breakfast and gave Atlas some nibbles. I was frying up the toast and found some of Atlas' milk and poured some for all three of us.

Nova started moving around so I went over to her and gave her a little nudge to help wake her up. "Good morning Supernova" I said with a huge grin. I tried not to smile but it was impossible. She looked kinda cute. "I got you some milk and I hope you like french toast."

"Breakfast?" she just managed to say.

"Yes, breakfast. How about you go into the bathroom and get yourself ready, but be quick we don't want the toast to get cold." I said to her. I got back up and finished making the toast. She stood up and did this big adorable stretch, then walked over into the bathroom. Atlas was giving me the look. "What?" I asked him even though I knew what her meant. "Shut up!" I said with a massive smile.

She came back into the common room with her hair all down and in some of my clothes. They looked pretty good on her. "Sorry about the clothes," she said " I just didn't want to keep wearing those dirty clothes."

"No, no don't worry about it. Take whatever ones you want." I placed two plates down on the table and she came and sat down next to me. "Is this okay?" I asked.

She took a bite and said "A solid 8/10"

"8? That's pretty good I'll take that." I smiled tried some. To be fair, my cooking wasn't the best but this was pretty good.

Half an hour later we had finished eating breakfast and i was in the cockpit trying to figure out how to send a signal up for help. I think Nova was cleaning up the final bits of the mess when the bright flash went up.