Three - Nova

I opened the ship for Kerensky and his friends, Cole and Lunis. We hop in and the boys head straight for the cockpit and start up the ship. I was panicking. What if we got caught in the ship? They'd be okay because they're rich. What about me? They'd blame all of this on me and I would have no way of getting out of it because I'm just a poor little girl with nobody to protect her. People like Kerensky just see me as wasted space. Extra baggage that was unnecessary.

I walk around, most public ships are the same, big common room with a cockpit and a bathroom. I preferred the private ships or ones that Privateers and Voyagers receive for their adventures. They usually have a decent sized common room with a bathroom, cockpit and a place to sleep. Some even have a small kitchen. They feel more homey than the public ones.

I've only ever been on my districts ship twice, once for an Academics project and another time with Aura. She was the only person I actually spoke to frequently, even though she was triple my age.  I suddenly missed her, even though I had seen her only a hours ago. She was the only person who had ever really cared about me and my life, she would sit and listen to what I had to say. She was a mother to me when I lost mine.

Kerensky came out of the cockpit and into the common room. He said we were headed to the capital Zion to give an important message to one of his fathers friends and fellow General. Why was he lying? Zion was North of Endus and we were heading more west than North. The capitals Cobo and Zion were pretty close together whereas my home was more in the middle of nowhere, quite literally. It would take maybe a day or two to get to Zion. I hoped this would be the quickest journey of my life. I tried thinking of an escape. I couldn't spend two days with Kerensky and his friends. That was torture. I'd opened the ship for him, now couldn't he let me leave? Even if I did leave, there was no way for me to get back home. But then again, what was there for me at home? Maybe this was the fresh start that I needed.

I sat down on one of the chairs and looked around the common room. I saw an old guitar in the corner. I knew how to play, just hadn't played in awhile. My mother taught me how to play on her one. My father had given it to her. I'd never met him. He left before I was born. Since then we had to sell the guitar for money. Apparently it had some special symbol or something on and a rich General was more than happy to accept it in exchange for some money. I picked up this old guitar in the corner and started to play the only song I could remember my mother teaching me. She used to sing it to me when I couldn't sleep. I put the guitar down and dragged myself out of my thoughts.

After an hour or so, the boys landed on a pad at a port. Ports were dotted all over the galaxy. They were places where Voyagers and people travelling could sleep safely, refuel and grab necessities. They boys were probably here to get some food for the journey ahed. This was my chance. Kerensky left the ship and took me with him so I could open it for him again when he got back. Cole and Lunis stayed on board. I planned out my options. When Kerensky wasn't looking I quickly put my chip over the scanner and locked the ship. Good, two boys out of the way. He started walking towards the pod and told me to wait by the ship. When he got in the pod and i was sure he couldn't see me, I ran.

I didn't know where I was running to but I just ran. There were 2 other ships at the port so I went to one of them. The door was locked and there was no way I was breaking into it. I stood still for a second, Lunis and Cole still hadn't noticed I was missing, I don't think. I looked over into the pod and could see Kerensky browsing around what looked to be some beer. I took this as another opportunity.

I ran over to the next ship and this one has the door wide open. Who would be so stupid? I saw little white cat roaming near the ship and if it wasn't for the rush I was in I would've stopped to pet it. You didn't see many cats in Endus, only rich had the time and could afford to take care of them. I ran into the ship. It opened into a common room, there was maps all over the walls and I could tell it was a private ship. I felt bad but I needed to get away from the boys. I walked through to the next room, it was a bedroom. I felt like i was intruding.

The room felt spacious and comfy at the same time

The room felt spacious and comfy at the same time. It was very neat and looked almost untouched. The bed was made and there was a cat bed in the corner. So this was the cats ship. I was just looking around when I heard the main ship door close and a deep voice that sounded like it belonged to an older man. I panicked. I didn't know whether to hide or to come out and apologise to this random person about breaking into their ship. Before I could make my decision, we were setting off.