Eleven - Nova

Footsteps started coming from the other side of the door as my eyes started to open. "Uhm, I uh" Terran's voice said as he walked into the common room where me and Arrow were. "Am I interrupting? I just came to grab some breakfast and check our progress." He said as he grabbed a banana and walked through to the cockpit. "I'll be in here if you need me" he called through to us. 

I rolled off of the sofa and walked over to the kettle. I filled it up and flicked it on. My hair was a mess so I made sure I looked presentable before anything else. Arrow was still half asleep with Atlas curled up and his feet. I felt a bit embarrassed about what Terran had seen, but it wasn't that bad, right?

 Since Arrow had made me breakfast yesterday I wanted to try and one up him wit an even better one. However, Terran's cupboards were pretty empty and had nearly arrived so I decided to just do it later. I did find apple juice in the fridge and thanked Terran for buying that instead of orange, so I poured myself a glass and made three rounds of just plain toast. I didn't really know what the others liked and we were nearly at Cobo anyway so we could get food there.

I walked through into the cockpit and handed Terran the food. "I made some for all of us, do you want it?" I asked while gesturing to the plate in my hand. 

"Mmmhh yes, yes I do. Thank you!" He said as he took the plate from my hand and started eating it straight away. "By the way, Arrow is sensitive. I know he doesn't look it but just- just be careful with him. He's softer than what you think. "

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So, how long have you guys been friends for?"

"As long as I can remember. We've always done everything together. He's always been there for me. Neither of us would be here without each other." He said and I could tell he meant it. "He's the best friend I've ever had, he's like my brother."

"I wish I had a friend like that, you two really seem to care a lot for each other." 

"Yeah, I'd do anything for him. " He took another bite of his toast and I turned to leave the room. "He really likes you Nova. He thinks you're pretty cool, I can tell." Terran said with a smile. "I think you're pretty cool too." 

"Thank you." I said with a smile. I wasn't really used to socialization, let alone compliments, but that made me feel pretty good. "Don't leave your plate in here when you're finished!" I said as a joke with a 'stern' look on my face. 

I walked back into the common room and sat Arrows plate down on the table across from mine. "Goodmorning." I said, walking over to him. He still looked pretty sleepy and I felt bad waking him up but we were going to be landing soon. He looked really cute though. His hair was all messy and looked soft and fluffy. He was grunting and complaining that he didn't want to get up in this deep sleepy morning voice that was very, very attractive. I did wanna get on the sofa with him and cuddle again, but I couldn't. I had to prepare myself for Cobo. "I made you some toast, come eat it before it gets cold." 

"Toast? I haven't had toast in ages!" He jumped up in excitement and knocked Atlas off the sofa in the process. he raced over and slid into the chair and was eating the toast very aggressively, like Terran. 

"What is it with you boys and toast?" I asked rhetorically, but he decided to answer me anyway. 

"It's just cool, isn't it?" 

"I mean sure," I didn't understand and I didn't think I ever would. "Weird." I muttered under my breath with a sigh. 

"Excuse you! You're the weird one!" Arrow said, chewing on a mouthful of toast. 

"Don't call me weird!" I said, giggling as I chucked my toast slice at him. 

"Hey! More for me I guess." He shovelled the slice into his mouth as Terran called through that we were landing. Arrow went into the cockpit to help him with the ship and I gathered up mine and Arrow's small pile of belongings into a bag. I gave Atlas some love and attention as Arrow said he sometimes gets skittish and scared when we land. 

I had no clue what Cobo was going to look like. I mean, I'd seen pictures and heard things but actually going there is very different than a still image made to look perfect. While packing up our things I had one last little glance at the map of 'new Cobo'. I still didn't understand the concept of it, but I didn't need to, did I? 

"5 minutes Nova!" Terran shouted through to me. They had the ship's lights on and I looked out the window and saw Cobo lit up by thousands of street lamps and lights. I can admit, it did look really beautiful. It was a mix of all bright colours shining together. It was known for being the prettiest city but I didn't ever expect this. As we got closer, I saw how tall all the towers were and I was just in awe over this beautiful place that I'd only just discovered. I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life here.

As we lowered down onto the landing pad, I suddenly got really nervous, I had no idea what I was doing. I felt the thud of the ship landing onto the pad and then Arrow and Terran came out of the cockpit. "Welcome to Cobo.  You'll be fine, it's not that scary. I wanna head to my place first if that's okay, I haven't been there in awhile." Arrow said to me. 

"Yeah, that's fine" I replied as I handed him our bag and picked up Atlas. "Thank you for helping us Terran." 

"No problem, it was a fun trip. I hope to see you again soon." He said with a smile. Terran opened the ships door and we all stepped out into the early morning light of Cobo. We were greeted with a group of people in uniform. 

"Hello Vertz, Jupiter and Starr"...