Chapter 11

When Anna woke up the next morning, there was already a set of clothes lying at the foot of her bed. She stretched and yawned, setting her feet on the soft carpeted floor. While making her bed, Anna felt a certain familiarity from the motions, reminding her of the bedroom at her dad's home.

She then made her way to the bathroom to get ready. "Thank goodness for the unlimited hot water!" Anna thought. After a relaxing shower, she took a closer look at the clothes. They were nice. The outfit consisted of a knee-length white and black striped dress, black leggings, and silver sandals.

 The outfit consisted of a knee-length white and black striped dress, black leggings, and silver sandals

When she finished, Anna took a seat on her newly made bed and drummed her fingers on the blanket. After a few minutes, she began to feel anxious. As if the universe could hear her plea, a knock came on the door. Anna quickly jumped up to open it. The person she was dreading to see was on the other side. There stood her father with batter, flour, and who knows what else on an apron that read 'Captain America Who? I'm Captain Pancakes'.

An awkward pause sat for a moment between the two until it was broken by Steve. "Breakfast is ready if you want it." the man started hesitantly, looking down at the floor. "I made pancakes. I would- no, *we* would like it if you came. But it's all up to you. I can bring breakfast to bed if you're more comfortable with that. But you don't like pancakes, do you? That isn't any problem I can make hash browns or waffles. Or if you don't like either of those, we can order out. Would you-"

"I like pancakes," Anna said, cutting him off. Steve stopped rambling and looked up at her, blue eyes hopeful. She continued, "And I would very much like to have breakfast with you."

Steve nodded with a barely concealed smile and stepped back, holding the door for Anna before leading the way to the dining area. In contrast to earlier, a comfortable silence settled between the pair.

When they arrived only Natasha, Wanda, and Clint were in the room. The two spies were eating cornflakes while Wanda was munching on her pancakes. Anna quietly sat in a chair at the kitchen island beside Natasha.

"Did you sleep well last night, Anna?" asked Clint.

Anna replied, "It was pretty good." Although they had treated her well, the girl was still wary about talking to them.

Soon a plate of pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, and maple syrup was put in front of her.

Steve asked, "Do you like strawberries or blueberries? I can change them if you want."

Anna shook her head and said," No, it's fine."

Natasha, Clint, and Wanda watched as Steve cast nervous glances at Anna while she took her first bite of the pancakes. The three nearly laughed out loud at the wide smile that spread on Steve's face after Anna remarked that the pancakes were indeed "really good."

Natasha asked, "Anna, would you like some orange juice?"

Anna nodded in affirmation.

After she finished her pancakes, Wanda asked her, "Would you like to go shopping now?"

As Anna was about to respond, Clint turned to Natasha in a dramatic voice, "Wait, you're going shopping without me?"

Natasha replied, "It's a girls' day, so you aren't coming with us. Besides, only cool people are allowed." Anna and Wanda giggled at Clint's mock surprised face while Steve softly chuckled and shook his head.

"Come on ladies, we're going," Natasha said as she nearly pulled both Wanda and Anna out of their seats.

I have an editor/beta reader → AmethystianSapphire (They can be found in Ao3)