Chapter 3

The room was still silent.

At last, Fury spoke, "Wh-who?"

Anna gave an irritated sigh and said," C'mon, now don't tell me that you don't know me. I mean the whole USA knows me.' The beautiful Anna Stark, daughter of Howard Stark genius, inventor, millionaire, philanthropist, father.'"

Everyone in the room was thinking about when did Howard Stark had a daughter?

Fury then spoke," You said something along the lines of your mother kidnapping you. Why would Mrs. Stark do that?"

Anna's eyes widened and she spoke," Pardon my language, But who the heck is 'Mrs. Stark'." She said with air signs. "My dad isn't married."

Fury said, "Well he is now.

Anna said," Who is this so-called 'Mrs. Stark'?" She again said with air signs.

Fury said," Maria Carbonell."

Anna's eyes were big as coins," WHAT! No, she...she is the new undersecretary for the Stark Industries. Oh! my! I should have done something when I saw last week she was giving Dad the eyes. So, Dad's happy?"

Fury cleared his throat and spoke," Umm... Yes, yes his happy."

Anna thought for a while and said," If his happy then there's nothing I can do. So, what about his life?"

Fury seemed to measure his words carefully before speaking, "Well, now he has a son."

Anna exclaimed happily, "Cool, now when can I meet Anthony? "

Fury looked at her bewildered, "How do you know?"

At this Anna broke out in a burst of laughter, "No he didn't...... Hahaha.....he didn't.... Name his....hahaha....son...hahaha....Anthony. 'No son of mine will be ever named Anthony ' " she said impersonating Howard Stark.

Fury looked at her with an expression that she couldn't understand, "How do you know about that?"

Anna smirked and spoke, "Dad lost a bet with me and I asked to name his firstborn son 'Anthony' I mean why not? Anthony Stark has a great ring to it. Besides, both brother and sister would be matching with their first initial as 'A'. Ooh! We can nickname him 'Tony'. Me and dad betted against many things. In which month he would be born? What would be his first word? When he would first walk? When he would build his first computer? How many girlfriends he would have in high school? My bet was that he would be a heartbreaker."

At this everyone in the other room looked at Tony with an amused expression. And the said man was trying to process the things spoken by the girl. Is she really his sister? But she doesn't look anything like their father. Maybe she looks like her mother?

Fury then spoke, "Who is your mother?"

Anna spoke," You should know better than me. Everyone knows the feud between Howard Stark and Peggy Carter. "

Fury and from the other side Steve shouted at the same time, "WHAT!!??"

Tony murmured, "Creepy."

Anna said, "Geez, no need to get all shouty. How come you guys don't know anything about me? I have made it to the newspaper hundreds of times. Besides, I also made it to the front cover of the New York Times a couple of times. 'Millionaire Howard Stark rents the whole Disneyworld for his daughter's 10th birthday'.  'Public's all-time favorite Anna Stark to start High school this fall. Is Howard Stark threatening to buy Midtown High?' "

Everyone's jaws were hung. Fury spoke, "Did he buy the school?"

Anna spoke scratching her neck, "He was supposed to but I got into a big fight with one of the boys of that school and dad thought that it would be better for me to be homeschooled. He said something along the lines of picking fights like her father."

At this Clint spoke, "I didn't know Howard used to pick fights."

Fury then spoke, "So, you are the daughter of Peggy Carter?"

Anna sighed and said, "Unfortunately I am."

Then, Fury said, "How come no one knows that Howard Stark and Peggy Carter had a child? "

Anna's eyes widened and she spoke, "No, no, no. Stop your thoughts right there man.Eww, what are you even thinking, gross. They are like siblings. Ewwww."

No one now seemed to understand what was going on.

Fury said, "Then where did you come from?"

Anna rolled her eyes and said, "From my mother's womb, duh."

Tony snickered and Fury gave Anna a look that clearly said 'no jokes'.

Anna fidgeted and said, "Well, um...Not many know about this but Dad sort of adopted me when I was 5 months old." She said it in a low voice.

Fury then spoke understanding, "So, Peggy isn't your real mother?"

Anna said, "No, she is my birth mother. Well, she didn't want me and then Dad came to my rescue, raised me blah blah blah. We are now moving from the real topic So when can I now meet my dad?"

Fury stared at her and said, "Well, he and his wife died in a car accident in 1997."

Anna just stared at Fury without any emotion.

Bucky then felt guilt rising inside him.

Anna then spoke, "Where's Jarvis?"

Fury just shook his head.

Anna then asked, "And my poor excuse of a mother?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
This is till next time...... Ta - Ta...❤❤

Date:-27/07/2020