05

Two days went by, and today was the day when that tradition that Itachi talk about was happening.
Well, it wasn't too bad yet. I mean you were locked in a room with him and some resources like water, tea, and snacks since it wasn't a limited time, you could stay 20 minutes or even a whole day, but his mother said that if the couple doesn't stay too long in the room it means that they would have a good marriage.

"Should we start?" Itachi eventually asked.
"Uh, sure."

Both of you closed your eyes for a bit, him to activate his sharingan and you to pray that he won't ask anything deep about your parents. You eventually open your eyes and met his now reddish eyes, which immediately hypnotized you. For some reason, you really enjoy looking at this type of eyes, even though they are dangerous. Itachi notice how fixed you were looking at him and he deactivates his sharingan.

"I'm sorry, did my sharingan scared you?"
"Oh no. Your eyes, they are very beautiful."
"I assume you really like this type of eyes."
"I'm not sure, until now I never saw a sharingan. But yes, for some reason I do like the sharingan and also your eyes shape fit with them." you said.
"I assume this a good start." he said smiling.

For some minutes they talk about casual things like favorite color, food, job, and this like this. But eventually, the question she never wanted to hear comes.

"So, what's the issue with your parents?" he asked.
"To start with, my dad was obligated to marry my mom, since apparently my mom was coming from a wealthy family. By that time my parents were young, my mom was about 17, my mom's parents didn't want her to have a kid at that age, but that didn't go as planned, and my mom remain pregnant with me at 17, when she found out it was too late for her to ask for an abortion. Fast forward, in the day my mom give birth to me both my parent's moms committed suicide since apparently they didn't see adoption as an option. I'm not sure what happened to my dad's parents, my dad said that they probably died too. I grew up being verbally abused and embarrassed to tell someone who my parents were. Since they didn't see anything good in me, and they tried to make me marry different rich men, think they will have a better life. At 14 or 15 I started to train with Tsunade-sama, without my parents knowing since they immediately disagree with that. At 17, I meet a boy, I really liked him, I dated him, without my parents knowing again. I'm not sure how they found out about my relationship with him but they did, and of course, they didn't allow it. I made a scenario and told them I break up with him but I was still dating him and eventually one day, was going to the shop and somehow in the same time I passed by with this boy and my dad saw. Eventually, after some days on my 18 birthday, my dad came in the house and said he killed my boyfriend, I didn't actually believe that, but he lead me to his, uh... dead body." you explain.
"That's-"
you interrupted Itachi. "Shocking?Yeah."
"I didn't expect to be this deep, to be honest. You didn't deserve this, actually, nobody doesn't deserve this. I understand you were obligated into this marriage, and is okay if you don't want to do this, I understand and respect this." he said.
"I would rather be in a marriage that in this moment I don't want it but with the time passing by I would enjoy it, than going back home, where I would probably die." you said. "But I believe you don't like the idea of marrying a stranger."
"It's not like I choose what I want or not." he said closing his eyes.