10

The thought of kids was sure something you didn't think of until Mikoto mention it.
After you married Itachi you've been put in different situations and most of them were quite new for you and scary. Some of them were, indeed, normal things but some of them seemed too much.
Now, the only thing you wanted was to focus on the book you were holding trying to escape your thoughts.

"[name]." you heard Itachi calling your name and soon after you see his head popping inside your room "We never actually had the chance to do it. So would you like to go on a date?" he asked a little nervous, but at the same time his question made your cheeks burn a little. "It's okay if you don't want."
"No, I want. I think it will be fun." you said smiling.
"Alright then. Let's go." he said leaving the room.
"Now?" you asked surprised.
"No, in a hundred years." he yelled and you could hear his laugh.

[...]

A dango shop? the girl asked herself a little confused yet curious.

The girl followed Itachi inside the shop and they quickly made their way to a table.

"You like dango?" the girl asked curiously as she sits down.
"They are my favorite. You like them?" he quickly asked.
"Yes, though I think some kids eat too much of them." you said smiling.
"That was your doctor side. But I was and I am the same as those kids. My mom used to hide them from me." he said laughing.

[...]

You keep laughing and sharing stories with Itachi until it started to get a little harder to eat another dango and the sun was slowly leaving the sky.

"Shall we go?" he asked as he sits up and you only nodded doing the same action.

The walk home was calm. None of you talked and there weren't as many people as when you left. Soon after they entered the Uchiha territory and approached their house, Itachi suddenly stopped and quickly grabbed the girl's hand to make her stop too.

"What's wrong?" the girl asked confused as she looked at him.
"There is someone in the house." he said.
"Maybe it's your mom?"
"No. Stay here. I'll be back, okay?" he poke her head with two of his fingers and smiled at her.

The girl was now having numerous ideas of what could happen. She already knew every bad or good situation. Every mistake he or she could do.

I overthink too much. she thought.

But not long after, she was able to hear different sounds which she thought they were coming from their house. She slowly started walking to their house as she wanted a better look at what is happening inside. She saw Itachi break a window and get out of the house. He quickly saw where she was and run to her, pick her up and continue running.

What in the name of every Hokage is happening?

They soon entered a nearby forest and he jumped on a tree trying to cover them and make them unnoticed.

"Don't make a sound." he whispered to her.

Then, in the dead silence of the forest, she could hear footsteps and persons hitting the trees with either legs or arms.
After some time the noises stopped, Itachi waited a few seconds before moving a little, making a sound but nothing happened.

"Stay here. I'll look around and I'll come back to you." he said as he got up and slowly left the place you were hiding at.

Oh, God, even if You never made none of my wishes reality please just this one. Keep Itachi safe because no man protected me like this.

------
Heyaaa,
Just posted a Sasuke x reader story, it's called 'His love' and I hope you guys will like it.