Chapter six

Wednesday, The game is a foot!

Enola rose early in hopes that she will be able to get there before the odd men she believes are involved with the kidnapping. If she sees them arrive then she may be able to interpret the direction they have came from or even what they have came to do. She still doesn't know who these weird men are but if they were the last people that the missing woman spoke to then that means they are potential suspects. If she figures this out she could potentially save this woman's life.

Even though Enola was super tired she managed to get up and out of her lodgings by 8am. The docks was a 30 minute walk away from Enola's lodgings but she decided to walk it, as she wanted to save up her money and not waste it on a carriage. A red faced Enola arrived at the docks at 8:27am after a risky shortcut down an alleyway off the main street. Now at the docks she could look for the potential suspects. There wasn't many people at the docks at this time apart from fishermen who were getting ready to hop on their boats. A few gutters were also hanging around as well as some men fixing up some ships left by the waters edge.

Enola was dressed in a similar outfit to the one she wore when she met Tewksbury for the first time. A wave of nostalgia hit her from the very though. She remembers how he raised his eyebrows at her for insinuating she was a boy and how he would laugh at her stupidity. She missed him dearly but she doesn't want to put him in any danger as last time he literally almost died. For a moment she had actually thought that he was dead. She doesn't want to think about it anymore. She wants to see him but she can't. 

Back in the present Enola tries to blend in as best as she could. She knew that she was dressed as a boy and looked like a chimney sweep but never the less she she puttered about trying to be useful. Hours went by and Enola was starting to get slightly more and more annoyed, she had gotten out of bed at the light of dawn for NOTHING. By mid day she was considering going back to her lodgings but she knew that she had to be persistent.

About an hour later Enola spotted several gentlemen entering the docklands. She immediately knew that they were the ones that she was searching for. Enola desperately needed to find information on the sketchy group however every thought she had went out of her head when she focused on one man in amongst the group... Tewksbury!

Today was much better for Tewksbury his mother said that he didn't have any work to do at all so he had a free day. He loved free days because on free days he could do anything. Obviously Tewksbury's choice was researching flowers and herbs in his treehouse hide away however today would be slightly different. He decided that instead of spending the day on the grounds that he would go into London instead.

Guess where?

Yes that is right the flower market. He spent hours there puttering around looking at all the varieties and even giving a few tips to people browsing, if he wasn't a lord he just knew he would be a flower shop owner. Anyways after spending hours and hours around the market he ventured off into the high street. He didn't buy much he was just looking as he made his way to the docks. He had promised he would get some fish from the fishmongers there whilst he was here to help out. 

The docks was bustling when he arrived but thankfully he managed to navigate it easily enough and find what he was looking for, that's when it all went down hill. Tewksbury kept feeling like someone was watching him, shivers ran down his spine until he couldn't take it and he turn to find several gentlemen staring his way. These gentlemen reminded him of the Mister Bowler hat who was sent to murder him. Tewksbury had to get away and fast. 

Just as he was about to turn the last corner and exit they surrounded him and forced him to walk with them back to the docklands.