Chapter three

Merry Christmas everyone :) Hope you enjoy,

Enola was actually not bored. The gossip which lead her to a case was a god sent for her. The case turned out to be genuine thankfully so Enola got right to it. She first went about finding people who knew the young woman. By talking to her friend she found out that the woman was very shy and kept mostly to herself. Many who she spoke to didn't understand where she would have gone. 

A Mrs Nightebloom spoke to Enola in depth about the missing woman saying that she had know of her since she was a girl. She built a great picture of the woman for Enola. Apparently the woman was shy but kind and made friends easily. The last someone had seen of her from what Enola can tell was her talking to some gentlemen outside of the local tavern. The missing woman was not one to drink but often sang at pubs for extra cash. Nobody had seen her since. 

Enola knew it must link to the men somehow but at the same time being a detective you have to have all of your options open. It is very likely that one of the woman that she spoke to were lying and giving false information to Enola. It is very easy for someone to lie or cover up the truth. 

That part of gathering information was easy enough however the next part was what Enola loved the best. It was the problem solving part of detective work that Enola loved the most. She loves working things out. Using  just her head and a few clues Enola can piece together a case. Some may say that she is even better than her brother in the sense of working things out. Sherlock is better in the collecting information and leads than her though. If she was on speaking terms with her brother she would know better but unfortunately she still doesn't know of the new terms in his and Mycroft's agreement. 

The information that she had managed to gather set the trail off to the outskirts of London. Enola seemed to be on a wild goose chase however she wasn't one to give up so easily. With nothing on the outskirts Enola turned her attention to a twist of topic in her conversation with Mrs Nightebloom that stood out to her. The woman had mentioned the missing woman's love of the ocean and how she always got fresh fish each Friday for tea. 

Enola made her way to the docks. 

Tewksbury was upset. He still had no letter from Enola. Well it's not like she said she would keep in touch exactly but he hoped that she would. He really wanted to see her. He was so tired as his nights were filled with horrid images from when his grandmother had tried to murder him. At this point he has stopped trying to go to sleep and just sits with a book reading into the early hours until his eyes droop. 

The only outing he has had in the past week was going to the docks for fresh fish as his mother had given the servants a day off so he had to go. His uncle had wanted fresh fish to cook for lunch so Tewksy was the only one who could go get it. The rest of the week however had been filled with endless paperwork. His hand were numb and callused from it all. 

The rain had began to pour as he lay on his bed exhausted. A mid day nap was certainly not what a lord should do but he was not the typical Lord and he defiantly needed it. So with that he fell asleep this time dreaming about a certain detective who he missed.