[1.9] video killed the radio star

[1X09]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

{The band Brighter Brightest invites the A-Troupe to appear in an upcoming video, but Emily's choreography causes a rift among the dancers.}

----------------------------------

❝I just start speaking in another language because of them. It's all Max and James' fault.❞

----------------------------------

The dancers are in the studio, ready to rehearse when Chris shouts, "All right, from the top guys!"

The song Everyday by Brighter Brightest starts playing and the kids begin their dance, performing all the moves to the best of their abilities. 

"Right now, what I'm doing is taking the kids through a combo, getting them ready for a surprise," Chris explains. 

Riley looks skittish as she talks, "I have no idea what this rehearsal is for. All I do know is that we're dancing to Brighter Brightest, so it has to be good."

"Hold it, hold it, hold it! Hold it! Nice!" Chris yells once the dance finishes.

The dancers all gather round, mimicking Chris' dolphin tail as they stop talking amongst themselves.

"Do you guys like the new song?" he asks, to which they all say yes.

"So does anybody know who this band is?" he continues.

"Brighter Brightest!" Riley announced very quickly.

"Brighter Brightest," the rest of the group confirmed, apart from Maxie who was about to say One Direction, before cutting herself off mid-sentence.

Chris chuckles at Riley's outburst before speaking again, "So, for those of you who do or do not know," he shoots Maxie a look before continuing, "they are Brighter Brightest, and I'm actually good friends with the band. And I did their last music video."

"No way!"

"And they're actually doing another music video and they want some dancers. But not just any dancers! Our dancers," he finished, causing Riley to burst into excited jumps, shortly followed by the rest of the dancer's celebrations.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on." Chris tried to silence the group, "I'm just joking."

"What?" Riley exclaimed.

Chris grinned, "No, I'm not! Get excited!" he said, causing the group to erupt into celebration again.

Michelle smiled, "Brighter Brightest coming to the Next Step Studio is a huge deal," she said.

Maxie creased her brows, "Honestly, I have no idea who they are, I mean, clearly, they were not that big of a deal back in England as they are over here, but it's exciting nevertheless."

"Clearly I'm not as excited as my younger sister," Emily sighed, "who is probably their biggest fan."

"I'm so excited," Riley said nervously, "Sorry." 

In the studio, Riley, James and Maxie are talking off to the side, discussing the band.

"How should I act around the band? I mean, I want to be cool, right?" Riley began firing questions at the two.