[3.9] i hope i get it

❝So, what's up, Noah? Hair troubles? I'm glad you've come to us about that, 'cause I've been meaning to talk about that bird's nest of yours for weeks now.❞

‧₊˚✩

  The last few days had been an absolute whirlwind for The Next Step: Chloe had finally put herself first as she'd chosen to take an amazing opportunity presented to her — dancing for La Ballet de le Reine for the Nutcracker. And with her emotional departure came the need for the thirteenth space to be filled for the dancers' names to be submitted to the Internationals board.

  However, despite the many challenges that'd come with being Dance Captain, Maxie had finally found herself in a good position within the troupe. She and West were doing well in their relationship, her friendships were better than ever and on top of that, she still couldn't shake the fact that they were going to dance in Miami for Internationals, a dream she could've only imagined coming true.

  Unfortunately for Maxie, she had been struck ill recently and had spent about three or four days at home on recovery, as per the doctor's orders. It definitely had an impact on the team, rehearsing without their friend and Dance Captain, however, she was back now. She was fully rested and recovered and was ready to face a new day.

  A new day, nevertheless, always seemed to come with a new struggle, as the dancers were soon to find out whilst they mindlessly watched Eldon and West show off their flips in Studio A.

  "Guy, listen up," Miss Kate clapped her hands together to silence the teens as she spoke, "I just got off the phone with the Internationals Board and they need the list of our dancers, so we need to figure out who's going to replace Chloe."

  The team nodded in agreement as Cierra cut in, "Um, I think we might need two dancers," And when Miss Kate questioned her statement, the girl elaborated, turning to the blonde girl as she did so, "Well, you might be moving back to Madison. Right, Michelle?"

  Stunned looks coated the other dancers, "I'm sorry, what?" Miss Kate was quick to follow up; her eyes darted between Michelle and Cierra, silently demanding some sort of explanation.

  Completely ignoring her studio head, Michelle looked at Cierra with desperation, "What are you doing?"

  "Look, Michelle," The brunette began, "I know you're an amazing dancer but this is a huge risk. This is Internationals, and I want all thirteen of us to be there. But right now, there just might be some other dancers that are more reliable."

  Although she didn't know what exactly had gone down between the two girls, Maxie could tell that what Cierra had just announced to the group had been said to her in secrecy — there was no need for her to bring up Michelle's family business in front of the whole studio.

  "Michelle," Miss Kate was quick to act on what'd been said, "Is this true?"

  The blonde desperately tried to grasp at straws as she defended herself, "Well, yeah, my parents are getting a divorce and my mom's moving back to Madison, and my dad's staying here. So I don't know who I'm staying with yet."

  Kate was blind to the dancer's emotions as she asked, "So you're saying that you might not be coming to Internationals with the team?"

  "I don't... I don't know," Michelle mumbled in response.