[2.11] anything you can do, i can do better

[2X11]

{Michelle and Amanda promote the studio at their school while some of the other dancers mentor J-Troupe and Daniel finally gives Kate an ultimatum if he does not get the Nationals male solo.}

❝Giselle was the one walking backwards in a bridge position. In my opinion, that seems highly unsafe on her behalf.❞

Walking into Studio A with James and West, the first thing Maxie noticed was the emotive dancer performing his heart out in the middle of the floor: Daniel. It seemed he had been preparing some sort of solo for who knows what, but he still managed to capture everyone in the room's attention with his beautiful extensions and passionate turns.

As soon as the music had ended, the few dancers in the room — Maxie, James, West, Emily and Giselle — began applauding the boy, making him grin as they cheered and joined him on the dance floor to shower him in even more compliments.

In reality, the reason the five dancers were there wasn't to watch Daniel dance, but because Miss Kate had summoned them for some reason or other and they were eager to find out more.

Once the studio head's figure was spotted walking through the door, Emily called out, "Oh, here she comes!"

"Moment of truth!" West added.

"Brace yourselves," Maxie chuckled just as Kate joined them.

Pointing her finger at the dancers, the woman asked suspiciously, "Were you guys talking about me?"

As the others protested and made up excuses, Maxie blurted out, "Yeah, of co-" however was cut off by James elbowing her harshly.

"Okay," Miss Kate chuckled, calming the dancers down, "Here's the deal, we have a few J-Troupe members who are absolutely exceptional, and I would love for your guys to mentor them and help them to become better dancers," she explained, making the five of them exchange excited glances.

"That'd be awesome," Giselle grinned, causing the others to agree with her.

Emily stepped forward as she began to question, "So did you already pick them, or... ?" she asked, referring to the J-Troupers the five of them were going to mentor.

"Yeah, I've already chosen them," Kate confirmed with a smile before casting a quick look to Daniel, who was still stood beside her, "So if you guys wanna go get your stuff, they'll actually come and meet you back in the studio."

With that, the five all exchanged impressed nods before heading off to get their belongings and prepare for a day of mentoring children.

"I think today will be a good learning curve for all of us," Maxie shrugged, "I mean, I hope I get a good J-Trouper."

As they walked down the corridor, Giselle and Emily slightly ahead, the dancers were conversing about what they'd do with their J-Trouper and who they hoped they'd get.

"What about you, Maxie, what're you gonna teach?" West asked, nudging her arm gently as a smile graced his face.

Putting her index finger to her chin in an attempt to mock thought, Maxie responded, "Oh, I dunno. Probably just how to be the best dancer in the studio."

As soon as the girl made the comment, Emily's head whipped around, ready to fire back, however, stopped in her tracks when Maxie doubled over in laughter at her reaction, "I'm kidding, obviously," she reassured the blonde, making her grin slightly, "I might give them acro tips."