Chapter 2

It had been two weeks since Maya bumped into Carina again. It was unexpected but the girl hadn't stopped thinking about her ever since.

Maya still had 4 more cities to visit before her tour ends, finishing up in L.A. but all she wanted to do was run back to Seattle and meet this girl again. 

Tonight she was in Las Vegas playing another sold out show. Andy and Vic had felt the girl feeling weird ever since they left Seattle, but they put it down to the girl feeling a little home sick after they left her childhood city. Where Maya would usually go out for drinks or dinner with the group, she just headed back to her room after shows and went to bed. 

After their show, Vic convinced Andy that they should question the girl. 

"Maya, we're going up to Vic's room to watch a movie, are you coming?" Vic asked the blonde woman as they walked off the stage after another show. "I'm pretty tired you guys." Maya mumbled a bit, rubbing her face with her hands as she tried to leave.

"Oh come on, we haven't hung out properly in weeks, it'll be fun. We can order room service too." Andy butted in, wanting her best friend to spend a little time with them for once. "Okay I guess, but we are not watching another dumb superhero movie." Maya gave in, nodding at her friends.

-----

An hour after Andy suggested the girl joined them, Maya knocked on the door, having went to her room and showered first. She changed into some comfier clothes, with a black t-shirt and grey jogging bottoms, her short hair tied up away from her face. She looked a little exhausted. 

Vic opened the door, pulling the girl into her big room which had some pizzas sat out on the coffee table, the film on the TV waiting to start. Maya joined them, making herself comfortable on the couch between the two.

They were mostly quiet while their film played as they ate and drank some beer, occasionally laughing but Maya staying quiet had only further proved that something was up with the girl. She was usually chatty when they all hung out so it only made them more suspicious. Andy gave Vic a small nod before she lent forward, "Hey Maya, just checking in, are you okay? You haven't seemed yourself since we left Seattle." 

"Um yeah, I'm fine Andy, just been a little tired I guess. I'm so ready for this tour to be over so I can get back to my normal bed and routines. Don't get me wrong I love touring but hotel beds are not the best."

"I here you there. I'm exhausted. But are you sure you're okay? You know you can talk to us dude, we are your best friends and all." 

"Totally, I appreciate it and all you guys but I'm fine honestly. I might head up to my bed though. We have to fly to Phoenix early tomorrow." Maya spoke as she climbed off the couch and walking towards the door. "Night Maya," the pair spoke to the blonde as she walked out the room, taking off to her own. 

"I'm not convinced." Vic admitted as she climbed off the couch to tidy her room, putting all of the empty pizza boxes in the trash. 

"Me too Vic but she would tell us if there was something major." Andy reasoned, the other woman nodding in agreement. 

----------

Meanwhile in Seattle, Carina was also feeling a little down. Sure it was probably a long shot that she would ever see the girl again, it was just pure coincidence that Maya arrived in her own bookstore the morning after her concert and two days after she left the girl's bed. But Carina was sure this girl was different...

"So are you ever going to tell me about the special Chica? You were like a little puppy two days ago and now you're acting weird dude." Amelia put out her lower lip and faked a sad look to try and get the girl to spill on her secret. 

"Nothing much to say really, we slept together, I'll probably never see her again Amelia, it happens." Carina admitted as she moved away from the counter, filling up some shelves with new books that the had just got delivered. 

"But you want to see her again." Amelia smirked, she knew exactly how Carina was feeling from her expressions. 

"I mean I think so, yes. But how? I don't have her details or anything." She saddened her face.  

"Ah the power of the internet my friend. What was her name?" Amelia curiously asked as she pulled up Facebook to research her. Carina froze for a second. She knew her name of course, but she couldn't tell her. The American would freak out, probably not believing her. "uh you know, I don't think I remember. I'm useless I know." Carina lied, holding her hands up, Amelia laughing at her friends "forgetfulness."

"Well you never know Car, you might just bump into her again. Seattle is a weird place to meet people." Amelia laughed, Carina smirking at the thought of 'bumping' into Maya Bishop again. Seems unlikely, or so she thought...