Chapter 9

Maya's head was pounding when she woke up the next morning. She definitely shouldn't have drunk so much Whiskey when she came home. She climbed up out of the bed, rubbing her eyes as she looked around for her phone, finding it in her jean jacket, dead.

She rushed around for her phone charger, plugging it into the wall and switching it on. She grabbed some water from her fridge and quickly chugged it, hoping it would make her feel a fraction better.

She stood for a minute before walking back to her phone which was lighting up with almost a hundred notifications.

She unlocked it and scrolled through.

Maya Bishop caught smooching with brunette at band mates party celebrations

Maya Bishop pushing drunk fling out of the way before spending the night

Who is Maya Bishop's new lover? Photos to follow.

Maya threw her phone down and groaned. She felt even more sick seeing these headlines. None of it was true at all.

-----

Meanwhile, Carina also woke up to the news. 

She opened her twitter as she sat up in bed, something she didn't tend to do regularly but this morning she happened to stumble onto it, curious after she had seen Maya's name was trending. 

Is Maya Bishop shacking up?

Maya Bishop making on new partner after finishing world tour. 

Carina could already feel some tears falling as she read that. What did she expect really. It was a long shot that this relationship would end up working out. 

She gave herself a few minutes to cry before getting herself out of bed. Her phone started buzzing. Noticing that it was Maya, she declined it, not wanting to hear anything she had to say. 

Carina got herself dressed, not caring what she looked like as she threw on some jogging bottoms and a hoodie before going out to work.

Amelia greeted the woman, noticing straight away her bloodshot eyes, a clear indicator that she had been crying. Carina made eye contact with her, shaking her head making her aware she didn't want to talk yet and Amelia knew to give her space.

 ----

Carina had the day from hell. After her shitty morning, her phone was going mad with calls from Maya which made her end up switching her phone off. She was overwhelmed with quite frankly rude customers all morning. 

She was stood angrily stacking some shelves when Amelia approached her, "okay Car, this morning you looked upset and you you look like you're going to murder someone. What is up with you?"
Carina turned to her best friend, sighing. "Maya. She's seeing somebody else." Was all that Carina managed to get out before she broke out in tears again.

"Carina. How did you find out?" Amelia questioned, putting her hand on her best friend's back as she sobbed. 

"It was all over twitter. She's tried calling me all day but I just ended up switching my phone off. I don't want to hear from her." The Italian explained, sighing. 

"Maybe it's for the best, why don't you head home, I can finish up here." The younger woman smiled. "Are you sure, I don't mind staying." Carina questioned. 

"Nah you head on, you've had a tough day, I've got it sorted here." She waved her hand and took over from the shelf stacking, letting Carina head home. 

----

After Carina had grabbed her bad, she got into her car. This morning she really didn't feel like walking so she drove. 

The weather in Seattle was horrible, it was really pouring outside. Carina knew she should have waited until it stopped but she really just wanted to get home and be by herself. 

----------

Maya was sitting in her house in L.A. really freaking out. 

She had been calling Carina all day since she saw the headlines about her, but of course she was declining every single one. 

"Andy, what do I do? She won't answer my calls. None of this should have even happened." Maya asked her best friend as she paced her kitchen , Andy leaning over the kitchen counter. "I don't even know what to tell you dude, this is all kind of fucked up. Can you release a statement?" Andy thought, running her hands through her hair. 

"I suppose I can test Melissa and ask her to draft one for me. I just need Carina to answer my calls, I was so wasted last night to even call her." Maya sighed, pulling her phone out and texting her manager. 

Andy left shortly after Maya had figured out some form of a plan. She would release a statement over her socials and let everyone know that the press was wrong. 

She really hoped that Carina would see it and understand. 

Statement:

All of the headlines about me submerging from last night are completely false and I will be taking legal action against the press who released the false accusations about me from last night. 

I was intoxicated but I in know way was involved with the woman from the bar. She was very drunk and threw herself on top of me. I acted out of instinct and pushed her away, purely accidental. 

Maya Bishop ❤

-------

Carina was still driving around Seattle, having to be diverted a little because a tree had fallen down close to the bookstore. 

She was driving down a very bendy road, in torrential rain, the wipers going at their max speed clearing the rain.

Carina turned the corner, still barely able to see. 

 A car started driving on the wrong side of the road, Carina barely visible to them before 

BANG!

-------

What's going to happen next? 

What do you want to happen guys? Tell me your thoughts cause I have 0 clue lmao. 

Okay this was really hard to write the different POVs without overlapping them too much haha