Chapter 13

Maya was abruptly woken up in the middle of the night by a lot of movement beside her. 

Carina was fidgeting a lot in her sleep, moving more than usual. 

Maya could hear a few mumbles, thinking she was talking in her sleep, until she turned to her and realised she was having a nightmare. 

She didn't know what to do, watching the girl who was seemingly terrified of whatever she was dreaming of. She was screaming a little, sounding like she was in pain. "I can't, I can't No." She squirmed even more. 

"Carina," Maya whispered, shaking the girl a little. No sign of her waking up as she moved more, sounding like she was crying. "Carina, wake up." Maya shook her a little more, finally getting the girl to wake. 

Carina shot up from her dream, looking around panicked and tearing up more as she tried to catch her breath back. Maya turned a lamp on as the brunette turned to her, "I'm sorry." Carina sobbed as she wiped some tears. She tried to turn the other way, feeling a little embarrassed that she woke Maya up this way. 

"Hey, Hey, you don't need to apologize okay. You had a nightmare. These things happen, trust me. I get them all the time." Maya reassured the girl who was sniffling, wiping her tears away. 

Maya had always struggled with nightmares from she was a teenager, all thanks to her father, they would happen more often when she was anxious or not sleeping as often. 

"I can go sleep out on the couch if you want to get back to sleep?" Carina spoke, trying to sit herself up more. "No, Carina, just stay here with me, we can put a movie on if you would like. I don't want you to be embarrassed or anything." Maya grabbed her hand, pulling her a little close as she wrapped her arms around her, kissing her on the forehead. 

They switched a movie on, putting it on a lower volume so they could relax and maybe fall back asleep. 

****

Around 6am, Maya's body woke her up. She had been this way from High School, when her dad used to wake her up to head to the track. Her body just got used to it and never changed. She carefully pulled herself out from Carina who thankfully fell back asleep not too long after.

She left the door closed, coming out into the kitchen.

Maya quickly decided that she was going to go out for a run, thinking that Carina would still be sleeping by the time she came back. She could grab her breakfast on the way home too, just to make her feel better after the rough night. 

She left a note just in case, heading out the door and running a route she hadn't taken in years, putting her earphones to listen to some music. 

4 miles later, Maya called it quits, running to a bakery close to the apartment and grabbing some coffee and pastries before heading back home. 

She unlocked the apartment door and was surprised when she was met with an awake Carina sitting on the couch. "Good Morning," Carina half smiled as she turned around. "Hey you," Maya smiled wide, kissing her on the head. "How did you get out here?" Maya asked, confused. 

"I can still walk with the brace on bella, I just took my time. Did you bring breakfast?" Carina asked, looking down at the bag in Maya's hand. "I did, I brought Coffee and pastries, you hungry?" She smiled, bringing the box over as she handed her the coffee cup. 

"Starving, thank you for this bella." Carina smiled happily as she sipped at her coffee. "I just want to make you feel better." Maya explained, settling down beside the older woman as she switched on some news. 

"Well, it's working. What are your plans for today?" Carina asked, eating away happily as she looked back at the blonde. "I have a few phone meetings with Melissa about some paperwork and then I've been thinking about taking a pretty lady out for a while if she feels up to it." Maya flirted, winking at the woman. "I would love to leave this apartment, I'm getting sick of looking at these 4 walls and it's only been 2 weeks." Carina admitted, feeling a little frustrated. 

"That was my thinking, we could go out for dinner, or just a drive to the beach. Whatever you feel up to." Maya explained, clearing up their breakfast plates. 

"I will think about it bambina, you can use my office for your meetings if you want, I'll be here, on the couch, as per usual." Carina sighed a little, switching over to a different channel as she got herself comfortable for another day on the couch. 

****

Maya got on with her day, calling Melissa and chatting with Andy about some new music. 

She felt bad for Carina every time she put her head in the door, looking at the bored woman flicking through different shows, wanting more than anything for something to do. 

Maya decided to call it quits around 3pm, knowing she had to do something with Carina before she went insane. 

"Sorry baby, I'm all yours now." Maya apologized as she cuddled close to the woman who was staring at the wall in boredom. "Ah bambina, please can we go out now, take me anywhere." Carina asked. 

"Of course, let's head out." Maya nodded, holding her hand out to let the brunette up, grabbing the keys to the car. 

They drove around for a bit, Carina was just happy to be out. They drove through the city, Maya pulling up at their favorite restaurant. "I'm not dressed well to go in there tonight," Carina spoke, looking at Maya. 

"We aren't going in, I ordered takeaway for us." Maya informed her, showing her a receipt on her phone of the food she ordered. 

"Ah bambina, I could kiss you. I've been craving their pizza." Carina could almost have cried.

"Maybe save the kisses for later?" Maya winked as she climbed out of the car, smiling at the Italian woman. "Sounds like a plan, now go in there and get our food, I'm starving." She laughed, ushering the woman out of the car as she waited. 

Maya got their dinner before driving to a park right beside the sea, parking close to a picnic table before she got out, helping Carina get settled so that they could eat outside together.

"This is such a cute date bella, thank you for doing this." Carina thanked sincerely as she ate away at her food, enjoying every bite. "Of course Carina. You've been cooped up in the apartment ever since the accident. I wanted to do something for you." Maya admitted, grabbing her hand. "I love you." Carina slipped out as she looked at the blonde. 

"...you do?" 

----

Lmao does anyone have any suggestions of where to take this story, I'm a little bored, hence the lack of updates 

What do you guys want to see happen next? 

This was kind of boring, I didn't know what else to write :(