Chapter 15

1pm

A few days had passed and Maya was almost ready to head back to L.A.

And Carina was going with her. 

Carina met with Amelia and explained the situation to her and the American woman was very understanding. Amelia had agreed to take over with the store, working most days with some of her other staff while Carina would take care with all of the online orders and paperwork they always had to fill out. 

Maya was over the moon that her girlfriend was able to come with her for a few weeks. This way she could get all of her work done and still be able to see Carina every single day and she would be able to meet with her friends. 

But she was still a little worried. 

When Maya worked, she could have a hectic schedule. Between interviews and photoshoots or meetings with her manager, the woman could be busy almost 24 hours a day. 

She just didn't want Carina to be bored all day without her around to do things together. So she had to make sure she divided her time right. 

"You almost all packed up babe?" Maya asked as she walked into the living room, seeing 2 suitcases sat open, full with clothes. "Eh almost, I don't know what kind of clothes to bring, so I have a mixture." Carina explained, hovering over her bed which was covered in all kinds of clothes. 

"It's alright, I prefer you with no clothes anyways," Maya smirked and winked at her girlfriend who just shook her head. "You are no help," Carina laughed as she leaned in and kissed her quickly. 

"Car, it's L.A, just like shorts and dresses, it doesn't matter, we can go shopping when you get settled." Maya explained. "What time is the flight?" Carina asked.

"Uh 7pm, but we should probably get to the airport a little early to get through security, then we can hang out in the lounge." Maya spoke. "Okay miss Richie Rich and all these executive lounges." Carina teased, making the blonde roll her eyes. 

"I mean being famous has its perks," Maya shrugged as she left the brunette to continue her packing as she called her best friend. 

"Hey Maya, when are you home dude? We need to hit the town soon." Andy answered the phone cheerfully, "Actually, I'm coming home tonight." Maya explained. "Oh shit, no way! We totally need to go clubbing then, I need to drink!" She yelled.

"Yeah maybe Andy, uh listen, Carina is coming home with me. She's going to live with me for a while." Maya explained, hearing a gasp. "Oh, I'm finally going to meet miss mysterious italian." Andy teased.  

"Yeah of course, I can't wait for you to meet her. She's amazing." Maya spoke lovingly of her girlfriend. "Maya Bishop, are you all loved up?" her best friend teased.

"Whatever, go annoy Robert, I'll see you in a few days." Maya rolled her eyes and spoke jokingly as she hung up the phone, finishing her packing. 

-----

Maya and Carina got packed up and ready to leave. Carina left Amelia with a set of keys to come in and check on her apartment every so often while she was away. 

"Are you ready Carina?" Maya asked as they got into an Uber travelling towards the airport. 

"I think so bambina, I'm a little nervous." She admitted. 

"It should be okay, just uh when we are at the airport, there will probably be paparazzi so be careful. Maybe put your sunglasses on until we get to the lounge. I'm going to get recognized and I know you don't want to be involved with any of this, I'm just prewarning you babe." Maya explained, squeezing her hand. 

"I figured that, I'm ready, I'll just keep a little distance from you, I don't really want to be in pictures," Carina spoke, feeling a little more nervous. 

------

They arrived at the airport and hopped out of the Uber okay, but as they got closer to the terminal, they heard cameras clicking and started to see flashes. 

Maya Bishop, why did you leave L.A?

Maya, are you going home to see your new girlfriend?

Maya, any new music coming?

They all shouted, taking pictures as she walked through the airport. Maya had put her own sunglasses on, doing her best to avoid getting pictures taken as she walked quickly. Carina anxiously followed, keeping her head hidden but sticking close to Maya so that the wouldn't get split up. 

Maya finally got rid of photographers and arrived to the lounge after getting her and Carina checked into their flight. "Do you want a drink babe? We have about an hour and a half until our flight." Maya asked as they sat down to a table in the quiet lounge. 

Carina was finally able to relax a little, taking her glasses off. "Uh sure, I could get a glass of wine." Carina smiled. "Sure, I'll grab us some." Maya nodded, walking over to the self-serve section and pouring them both some wine and grabbing a few snacks.

---

Flight 346 To Los Angeles is now boarding 

Maya grabbed Carina's hand and they walked together to the gate, showing their boarding passes. "In through the right and up to the top, thank you for flying United," The air hostess smiled and pointed them towards first class. Carina's eyes widened as she looked at her seat.

"Are you serious? First Class? I've never flown first class before." Carina stared, Maya laughing a little as they got themselves settled into their seats, quickly being handed a glass of Champagne each. 

Carina got a little giddy, looking around her seat, seeing all of the different gadgets and amenities that she had never got on a plane before. "This is crazy Maya, you didn't need to get first class seats," Carina shook her head. "Are you kidding? I'm not going to let my girl sit in no crappy economy seat beside screaming children," Maya insisted, kissing her girlfriend as they fastened their seatbelts, ready to take off to L.A.

The flight was short and sweet of only 2 and a half hours, arriving in LAX at around half 9. Same as in Seattle, Carina put her sunglasses on and kept a little distance from Maya as she got bombarded by paparazzi, all surrounding her and throwing questions at her about her time in Seattle.

They regrouped at the terminal exit, waiting for the Uber that Maya had ordered. 

Quickly they were in the car and headed to Maya's house, for Carina's first time. Carina almost screamed when she saw the gated community that they were being driven into and the size of the houses around Maya's neighborhood. 

"Welcome to your home for a while Miss Deluca, let me show you around." Maya smiled as the Uber drove away, leaving the two women standing at the end of Maya's driveway of her very large house. 

----

Eh, kind of stuck with this book atm so slow shitty uploads it is for a while :( 

I don't know what direction to take this atm or how it's going to end lmao which is kind of crazy because I'm basically filling in the gaps for the minute lmao 
Insta @booklover2405