Chapter 8

They had been apart for 3 weeks, but not for one minute did they stop thinking of the other. They texted a lot, sometimes would face time. Carina even sent Maya a parcel with some books that she had read from work and wanted the girl to read too. 

But they both missed each other so much. Maya's life was hectic, with photoshoots and interviews and the press had got word that the girl would be in an upcoming movie, so everywhere the blonde went, paparazzi somehow followed her. 

Maya was going out tonight with a big group of her friends, celebrating Vic's birthday. They were hitting a popular club in downtown L.A. She didn't even want to go out, she wanted to facetime Carina and drink wine when they called, but her friends pestered her all week and she finally gave in.

Carina: Good Morning Bella, I miss you <3

Maya: I miss you too, are you working? 

Carina: Yes 😴 Amelia is still bugging me about dating you

Maya: Dating huh? That seems oddly official Ms. Deluca

Carina:...

Carina: I didn't mean it like that

Maya: Do you want it to? 

Carina: Want to date you?

Maya: I mean yeah? 

Carina: I thought we already were, just only us knowing tho

Maya: That is true beautiful, I gotta go, I have brunch with Andy, I'll try and call you later if I can <3 

----

Maya and Andy got glammed up to head out, arriving at Vic's house before they all got an uber to the venue, meeting most of their friends. "Who is the chick talking to Vic?" Andy asked as she kept looking at Maya as soon as she noticed her. "I have no idea, she keeps staring."

"I mean no wonder, you look gorgeous, she's probably checking you out." Andy joked, Maya smiling but she dismissed the comment, knowing she was seeing Carina. 

"Well she can look elsewhere, I'm off the market." Maya answered, Andy looking happy for her best friend as she admitted. 

"With the girl from Seattle? Things are going well I'm guessing?"  Andy wondered. "Yeah but it's all super lowkey. I don't want people stalking her and shit. It's just messy." the blonde woman explained. 

"I'm happy for you dude. She sounds really great."

----
 A lot of their friends had already arrived and were hanging out in the VIP section. 

Maya was ushered in through, hearing a few screaming fans as she walked down the hall to the barricaded section which was full of familiar faces. "Travis!" Andy shrieked as she caught their friend standing by the bar.

He greeted both of the girls, getting the bartender to make them both a drink. "This party is crazy. I didn't realize Vic had so many friends," he joked looking at the full lounge.

Maya stood alone for a few minutes after Andy was pulled away by her boyfriend, Robert to dance. As she was standing, a woman walked up towards her. She had a particularly short dress on and stumbled a little, clearly having too much to drink. "Maya Bishop, right?" She spoke, Maya turning to her, not recognizing her.

"Yeah, I'm sorry do I know you?" She asked, still unsure of the face. The woman laughed, taking a sip of her drink. "No you don't but you could get to know me." She flirted, giving the blonde a little wink.

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of involved right now," Maya truthfully spoke without giving anything away.
"Oh come on, I know all about you. Meeting girls in bars on tour and sleeping with them. Let me be another girl on your long list," the brunette attempted again, Maya trying to back away as the drunk woman inched closer to her.

Vic and Andy had stopped dancing when the noticed the woman who approached Maya, waiting to see how it played out.

"I told you, I'm not interested. Please leave me alone," She firmly spoke, starting to get annoyed at the woman who wouldn't take the obvious hint.

Instead of the brunette walking away, she decided to take a risk and leaned forward, kissing the blonde. Maya acted on instinct and pushed the girl away. As she was evidently drunk, she fell to the floor.

Maya felt the room full of people staring at her as she realised what she did. Freaking out, the blonde set down her drink before walking towards the exit. Andy followed her, letting Vic know they would both probably leave, the birthday girl nodding in understanding.

Andy caught up with the blonde who was almost running at this point, "Maya, slow down," she spoke, grabbing the blondes arm. Maya turned her head, showing a few tears streaming down her face. "It was an accident. She wouldn't leave me alone. I told her I wasn't interested and she wouldn't stop I swear I didn-" Maya panickingly spoke, getting more upset until Andy interrupted her.
"Bishop, it's okay. I saw her come over to you. It's okay." Andy comforted the girl who was getting really upset as she panicked more about the situation.

Maya calmed down a little and Andy suggested they just headed back to Maya's.

Once they had arrived home, Maya walked over to her bar in the living room and poured some whiskey, the strong shit that she only drunk when she needed it. And oh boy did she.

"Vic texted me and they got that girl removed after we left. Apparently she snuck into the lounge after she heard you would be there."

"She was so drunk, I just freaked out and she overwhelmed me a little," Maya explained, drinking more of her whiskey, ignoring the burning of her throat.
Andy watched the girl go back and fill her drink before walking over. "Are you sure you want to keep drinking?" The brunette asked, worried.

"I want to forget tonight ever happened." Maya exclaimed, downing another drink. 

"Maybe you should just go to bed? Things will probably have passed by the morning," Andy assured. Maya stood thinking for a minute before she sat her glass down, agreeing with her best friend.

"I'm going to go to bed. The guest room is already made up if you want to stay."

Goodnight Maya."

Maya thought more to herself as she climbed into bed.
I just need a good sleep. Things will be different in the morning.

Oh boy how wrong was she...
-----
Ah I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like forever, I just had no motivation for this story...

But what do you guys want to see happen with this story? Tell me your thoughts haha