Chapter 4 - The Invite

"Fine. I'll leave but first I need to tell you something." Cassandra tossed the pillow back.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked as Varian put the pillow back.

"Your dad wants you to come down in a little bit for lunch. Lunch will be held outside. I hold him that your friend was here so he invited you too. If Varian wants to join you." Cass explained.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. I smiled and he he smiled back. "Sure."

"Okay see you later." Cass said as she left the room and closed the door.

Varian's P.O.V.

This should be interesting. I'm having lunch with my crush's parents, who just so happens to be the king and queen of Corona. No need to panic. (Y/n) will help me out, try to teach me how to act wish. Hopefully she'll help. Hopefully.

"So." I already started to get nervous.

"Varian. There's nothing to be afraid of. I promise, the only person that will tease us about being friends in Cass. And she won't be there. So no need to panic, hopefully. I mean, my dad could tear us apart if he thinks we're dating since he's tense when it comes to boys my age. Then we will never see each other again." (Y/n) started to hyperventilate, "But its fine. Its fine. My parents know your dad so they should be okay with us being friends." (Y/n) smiled kinda fakely, "Just be yourself. Unless you do something completely stupid. DO NOT DO SOMETHING STUPID. But whatever! It should be fine."

I glanced at her, "When you say its fine a lot of times, I don't really believe you."

"Ouch. That one stings." She elbowed me.

My stomach growled. "So do you know what's for lunch?"

(Y/n) just giggled. I didn't really know why until she explained it. "Well, I actually told my dad if he would ever invite one of my friends to lunch, and you're my only friend, if he can ask the Royal Chefs if they can make ham sandwiches. Soooo.... My guess is ham sandwiches."

"You know me so well!"I got really excited. I ran up and hugged her. Which was kinda awkward. But she expected the hug and hugged me back.

TIME SKIP BECAUSE I'M LAZY TO WRITE ABOUT THE LUNCH SCENE.

Third Person P.O.V.

"Its starting to get late. My dad wants me home by 3:00. So I got to go." Varian walked out of the castle with (Y/n) and Cass following him.

A wagon came for him to take him to Old Corona. Varian was about to hop on when he ran back up to (Y/n).

"Um... So (Y/n), I was thinking. You know how the lost princess's birthday is tomorrow. I was actually wondering, if you wanted to do it or not, if you would like to spend the day with me. Like not doing alchemy but just a day for the two of us to hang out. You don't have to if you don't want to, I mean it sounds kinda dumb hearing it out loud, so um yeah we don't have to do it." Varian's whole face turned red.

"Oh course. That sounds super fun! And Var. It doesn't sound dumb at all. Tomorrow will be awesome. See you here at 8:30?" (Y/n) smiled. Varian nodded to the time date.

"See you tomorrow." (Y/n) ran up and hugged Varian. It made him blush but he hugged her back.

Cass and (Y/n) waved bye as Varian left in the wagon that came for him.

"So, he's not your boyfriend. But yet here we are. He still asked you out on a date." Cassandra folded her arms.

"You can think what you want to think. But we are just friends. He did ask me to hang out not on a date." (Y/n) held he head up and walked back inside.

Author's Note

Hello! Dang it! Its a shorter chapter, but longer ones coming soon. I promise. Well I shouldn't say promise or else Varian will be mad, so I swear. Better? Nah, whatever. Thanks for reading my book so stay tuned for the next chapter coming next Saturday!

See ya soon,
Ruddiger