«Chapter XXX»

Filler chapter.

His lifeless body sprawled across the ground, eyes shut, skin drained white, the side his face stained with dirt surrounded by thick liquid seeping into his emerald sleeveless shirt. He lied over the pools of his own blood that oozed out of the spear lodged in his upper body, the blood that trailed down, creating a line across the soil reaching under your feet staining your skin.

"Zach!" Falling on your knees, your hands went to his icy cold face, thumbs smearing the mixed of blood and dirt, tugging his body closer with a desperate shake in hopes to wake him. "Stop joking you buffoon! Merlin-wake up! Please!" You cradle his head into your arms, rocking him back and fort, forehead resting ontop of his.

Tears trickled Zach's cheeks, tainting a wet line down to his jaw, it wasn't even his. Your body trembles, lips quivering as you hold in the suppressed anguish wanting to explode out of your chest while water poured from your eyes.

The world disappeared, crumbling like a sand swept by the wind leaving blank surrounding. Darkness revolved around you, its silence was unbearably deafening thinking you'd go crazy a few minutes more under it. Then, a sound erupted into your ears, coming in a low hiss.

"I'll kill everyone around you..."

His airy menacing voice whispers.

"One by one I'll tare them from your life..."

He followed it with a sinister laugh.

"Before I kill you."

Your eyes went wide, the bed rattled and shake as you shot up in a haste. Hermione appeared next to you, coming from the other side of the room by the window, her concerned gaze searching your tired eyes.

Cold sweat dribbled down your temples, chest rise and fall shallowly from your deep pants of breaths. It took awhile for you to process your bearings, when you did you find yourself in the hospital wing. To you being in the infirmary was already a tradition, it was confusing how you struggle to even recognise the room. Were you really out of your mind?

You blame the healing potions.

Hermione situated herself at the edge of your bed, reaching over, using the hem of her sleeve to wipe the sweat on the side of your head. "Easy there," She hushes then gently pushing you to lay back. "What's wrong?"

"My father-" Your breath caught in your throat. "-And Zach. Zach." Trying to sit up again, the girl next to you held you back firmly

"He's in a good condition now, don't worry." She assures, gesturing with her chin.

Between two gaped curtains, there you see your best friend sleeping peacefully, bandages wrapped around his left shoulder and a sling on his forearm that they tied across his chest for him to avoid putting stress to it.

The weight in your chest lifted seeing him alright, well not totally as it seemed to be, almost half of his body covered from injuries, either way you were glad he was alive, that holding him dead was all a dream- a nightmare, that up until now you can't shake out of your head.

Your father's really turning to a pest.

Hermione shivers and begins to tell you what she witnessed when you and Zach were brought to the infirmary. "The spear ripped a chunk of his shoulder, Madam Pomfrey was in disarray at how she was supposed to pull the spear without completely shredding his whole arm." Her queasiness let you know it wasn't a good sight to see.

"That bad," You gulped, staring down at her hand that instinctively tangled with yours, you gripped it tightly. "I know participating in the tournament would do them harm, but I never expect Dumbledore would let something like this happen."