«Chapter XXXIV»

Filler chapter 😉

He fumbles on the last button of his robe, face twisting in irritation as he can't seem to fit it through as though he had not done it a couple hundred of times before, it was not because of his injured hand that caused him the minor trouble, it was the fact that last nights event still plagued his mind like an unwanted tune that distracts him from the present. Did ending the day without reconciliation was a bad decision? If you two weren't exhausted from training could the situation be handled differently? It was a question nothing would be able to answer, because for now the important thing to do is what to do.

He regrets blaming you knowing well you're not used to sorting out your emotions when it comes to other people, no inkling why he said it. Maybe it was due to anger that he let his mouth on the loose. You were fairly new depending your trust on him, on Hermione, and to anybody. Time of recognition is all you need  to open up and forcing you was only going to shut yourself more.

No one was at fault, but at the same time it seemed that both of you made rash decisions. Him pressuring you to admit and you for promising. Everything was a mess all at once and none appears to know what the solution was— well, talking to you is the only solution that he could think of.

"Yo Zach!" The boys attention shift at his room mate from the doorway, about to exit. " 're ya good there mate?"

"I'm fine. Short of sleep, I guess."

"'lright, see ye around?" Forcing a smile with a curt nod as a reply, Zach sees his roommate leave while closing the door with him.

Pleased to finally wedge the button through he takes one last look over to his mirror for his appearance, fixing any wrinkles or dusting dirt off his uniform, then proceeds to head out. Before he reaches the door he almost trip over an object that skidded forward from the impact.

Zach stares at the metal forearm few inches away from the tip of his shoe, that you blasted off of the jesting armour. Its placard, vembrace, and gauntlet jiggles and clinks as he picks it up. An amused grin curl on the side of his lips, finding the object to be usable and decided to return it after he's done with it.

Once outside, the boy contemplates if he should wait for you by common room entrance like the usual, after few minutes in the great hall for coffee, tea, or chocolate drink you two would walk together to class.

Already having plans to talk to you he sat on the top edge of the couch's backrest near the entrance, standing by watching the hall to your dormitories while other girls walk out with their bookbags and parchment on hand. Some of them even passed by Zach to greet him good morning, to which the boy politely smiled at them. Two minutes. Four minutes. Until a little time are left for the class to start and still you haven't come out.

"Did she left early?" Zach tells himself. Then he hears multiple doors opening and closing one after the other. He quickly stood up assuming it was you. To his dismay emerging from the corner was a prefect making her rounds to check if there's any students left that would cut class.

"What are you still doing here?" questioned the prefect, eyeing Zach suspiciously.

After a quick peek at the hallway, he redirect his attention to the prefect. "I was waiting for someone."

"Every room is empty, no one is inside anymore." the prefect scans the emerald pendulum clock on the slate walls. "Its almost time, better head to class."

Zach obliges and spun to his heels giving one last look at the girls dormitory then exits. Maybe he'd see you in class.