«Chapter XXXVI»

Okay, so...I'm embarrassed to say this but..I fucked up last chapter... and I kindly want to ask if its alright if you lovelies re-read the last chapter, a small changes were made. I don't think you'd notice, but if you do then...well, good observation skills.

Actually, if anyone is able to tell me what the changes were I might reward them 😉 Happy Reading!

The rusted metal links attached on the wall that connects on a shackle around your ankle jangle at the sudden strike of your foot forward. Teeth baring in pain, you try to ignore the blisters forming around your skin under the old flaky iron binds that grazes against it everytime you kick repeatedly. Thick dust formed in the stagnant air due to your action, obscuring your view of the hook causing you to pause your ministration. Leaning forward to check the hook embedded you see a new layer on the surface of the metal- multiple lines of scratches induced by friction.

You contemplated for quite sometime the following Pettigrew and the man had left. Was it the lack of sleep or neglect of nutrients that you didn't even dare to ask who the man was. Normally you didn't give a damn at every follower your father has, heck, you wouldn't even care to acknowledge Pettigrew's if he wasn't that important to capture last term. But something in your gut tells you the man had played an important role in your father's plans. You don't doubt that any unanswered questions will be put into light if you were able to know who he is.

Changing your attention elsewhere, you observe how old your cell was, by that you immediately searched for any ways of escaping. The first thing you notice was the walls, finding numerous vertical cracks starting from the curve where the ceiling and walls connect then trailing down nearly reaching halfway closer to the hook. Deciding to try to break yourself loose, both of your hands firmly gripped chains, you tug as hard as you can in attempt to break it loose. And when your palms ache from rust tearing small layers of your skin caused by rough brittle coating the deteriorating iron, you shift from hands to your foot and discover it had put much strength than the last.

Now you spend countless hours trying to break free from your confines. Clearly the hook moved from your efforts but have only manage a couple of inches. Still it wouldn't do, you've been doing it for who knows how long, you would break your foot before you can successfully detach it from the wall.

You needed to get out. Fast. Because if there was something you found out about the man's visit is that what they had planned on doing would cause an uproar. The problem was; How? Obviously your first plan will never work.

Thinking of another escape plan, you momentarily lay a hand downward your leg, caressing the irritated skin under the bind around your ankle to soothe the ache. Your eyes probe on the rusted chains, trailing down until you reach the shackle. The nut on the bolt that tightened the shackle together were loose, twisting it enough would enlarge the space around your ankle then it'll detach everything altogether. Immediately you spin the nut counter clockwise, you can feel it twisting under your fingertips and the metal closed firmly around your ankle decreases.

It suddenly came into a halt, your eyes narrowed. You wring it, and again it wouldn't budge as if something was lodged to stop it from moving. Craning your neck to get a better view of the lock, you see patches of oxidisation covering across the remaining threads. Grumbling, you continued prying it and think to yourself that you could really use your wand at the moment. Unfortunately Zach has it, you lend it out for him to use in the tournament.

Speaking of the boy, you do remember him mentioning that you can do wordless spells. In fact, if he haven't pointed it out you might still jaded from the fact that not everyone was doing it the same as you have. If it weren't for that you wouldn't have considered doing so right now. Lowering your gaze down and trying to see how you can work with the lock, immediately mumbling few cursed words recalling you don't know any unlock spells in the type of ligature on you.