«Chapter XXXI»

I don't know if I'm okay with this filler chapter :(

"I'm really sorry about your wand." A door closes behind as you and Zach step out of the store and into the busy streets of Hogsmead.

Zach shakes his head indignantly, digging through a paperbag hanging on his injured arm. "It's not your fault the ministry failed to recognise their incompetence."

After your meeting with the Headmaster, you met up with Zach as planned, from there the two of you would go to where your uncle instructed for you to be. At the store you told your bestfriend the situation about his wand, suffice to say he wasn't all too happy to hear the ministry's decision.

"Still, I used your wand..." Lips pursing, you take the socks Zach bought, that you asked him to. "You wouldn't be included into this mess if I-"

"If you didn't we'd be dead by now." The boy points out. "I don't understand how the heck the ministry can't even think of that being a reason if you were ever the one who killed the merman."

You contemplatively stare at the soft object in your hand, squeezing it briefly then switching your gaze up to the bright sky. "I sense the extent of your anger, this isn't only about me, is it?"

His jaw clenches as he exhales out of his nostrils. "I don't believe that the ministry of sports and games were robbed, there's more to that. Fudge just won't tell the truth."

You faced away. "You think my father had something to do with it?" Staring at the horizon, you follow the trail leading on the end of the town road with Zach in tow. The boy was silent for a few seconds, but before he could reply you speak again. "Don't worry, I was assuming the same."

"Sorry.."

"Don't be," You cast a quick grin. "I shouldn't have said what I said earlier...your dad acted a great father to me than my real father ever had. So I understand what you're feeling."

A beaming smile appeared on the boys face, he swings an arm around your shoulder. "Forget it. Let's talk about you and Granger, what's the status?"

You shrug, stating plainly. "Nothing."

"Dang, Fleur really got under her skin huh?"

"Don't know what you're talking about." You kick a stone and watch it roll forward.

"Yeah, act like it doesn't matter." He snorts. "But clearly I know it's bothering you without her around."

You fall silent, Zach almost thought you weren't going to talk, but after a short moment you sigh. "Why can't she just see that she has all of my attention," Shoulder slumping. "Haven't I assure her enough? Done, even."

"When girl's get jealous, not all of them, they forget everything." There was a hint of amusement in his voice. "Like what you did to Krum, oh boy, the look on his face when you pushed him away from Granger."

"He got too close to my liking." You grumble darkly, walking toward the foot of the moutain at the edge of the town.

"Besides Krum, saw witch weekly magazine?" You reply with a nod. "What'd you think?"

How could you not see it? When a bunch of fourth years going around the common room complaining the magazines daily news: Miss Granger, an ambitious, devious, muggle-born who had a taste of famous wizards, that Harry alone cannot satisfy. According to the entry, since the arrival of bulgarian champion, the World Quidditch Cup hero was smitten by Miss Granger, and he has already invited her to visit Bulgaria over the summer holidays.

When you read the issue you almost burst out of laughing, typical Viktor, you would be lying if you didn't say that he told the same to you as well; wanting you to visit him in his home country. To which you declined a thousand times.