Chapter 15

(Aelin POV)

After that complete disaster of a training session, Aelin decided to change clothing and go to the library. Reading has and will always be a calming activity for her. And maybe, if she was lucky, she'd find the proper Wyrdmark to send her home.

With some chocolate and tea in hand (bless the lovely people who gave her some), Aelin began her search.

She decide to start with a fantasy novel to calm down a bit, for she was sure reading something romantic would remind her of Rowan. She needed to be in top shape and not wallowing in grief over the prospect of not being with her mate if she wanted to go back home.

Kicking her feet up, she opened the book.

She was instantly enamoured. She devoured the book like a starved man would a buffet: quickly and nonstop.

Once finished, she put the book down with a sigh. It was amazing and she was beginning to consider stealing it for if she got home. She mentally smacked herself. Not for if, for when.

Aelin supposed it was time for her to begin to search for a way home. Gods, she couldn't wait.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Hours later, and Aelin had found it.

She had found the Wyrdmark she needed! Shit. She could scream with joy! Finally, she'd be able to see her family again! With a happy squeal, Aelin rushed out of the library and began gathering everything she needed: a piece of paper with the Wyrdmark on it, the novel from earlier, and a dagger.

She rushed to her room and made a deep cut on her hand. She began the process of drawing the Wyrdmark. Every careful stroke and line was made with the intention of going home. Once finished drawing, she began chanting. Softly at first, then louder and louder and louder, until the portal began glowing brightly.

Then, she heard the sound of rushing footsteps.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
(Amren POV)

Holy shit! Aelin was a Queen! Amren knew that heard of someone with the same description as Aelin before!

This was Queen Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius. Mala Blessed. Aelin Firebringer. Fairy Queen of the West. The Fire Breathing Bitch Queen herself! And she was just living with them!

After that lovely mental breakdown. Amren called the others to her.

Once they were all there, Rhysand asked, "What do you need?"

"We need to get to Aelin now!" Amren said with urgency lacing her voice. Everyone knew not to question her, so they all raced towards Aelin's room.

Once there, they burst through the door to find Aelin standing in front of a portal with the most shit-eating grin on her face.

"I assume you found out," Aelin said to Amren in place of a greeting. Amren gave her a sickly sweet smile.

"Why yes I did, Fire Breathing Bitch Queen."

Aelin laughed. "I wonder what I got that name for," she said...and proceeded to make two hands holding up middle fingers out of fire. Then, Aelin gave them a mock salute before falling back into the portal.

The last words the Night Court ever heard from the Queen were the following: "by the way! I stole your book!"