Chapter 8

(Rhysand's POV)

I was calmly eating breakfast with my court, when all of a sudden the doors burst open.

It was the girl! But she wasn't supposed to be awake for at least another day! To be honest, I was quite impressed that she was up already. If I was her, it'd take me at the minimum, a couple of days before I could go back to normal and continue on with society.

She looked quite surprised when she saw us eating, not that we weren't either. But almost as quick as the expression came, it went, being replaced with a cool smirk.

'Oh dear, she's like me'

Obviously Cassian was surprised at her seemingly cool and collected nature, especially for a human who was alone in a room with the strongest Fae in Prythian. I couldn't help but feel the same.

Taking long, graceful strides into the room, smirk ever present, she speaks.

"Good morning."  Her voice seemed kind, but there was a underlying tone of venom promising pain if we tried something.

'Oh please. Like you could do anything.' Is what I wanted to say. But since I am a respectful host, I chose to simply greet her back.

"Good morning. Would you like to join us for breakfast?" She only nodded, not saying anything else. As soon as she sat down, a plate loaded with food appeared in front of her. It seemed like she wanted to eat, but was hesitant.

"It isn't poisoned you know", I said. She only looked up at me and said, "it seems like you aren't familiar with being starved." It was a simple answer that said a lot. I had completely forgotten about what she'd been through. It's just that her behaviour made it hard to really remember.

We continued to eat—well, my court and I continued. The girl only picked at her food, occasionally eating something. Only the sounds of forks and knives clinking against the plates filled the room. Until, Amren spoke up.

"Who are you girl? And how did you get here?"