Chapter 10

(Amren's POV)

Wyrdmarks.

I've heard of those before.

Foul little things. In my realm, they are known for being used for evil acts. Why the "human" knew them was a mystery to me.

But that is besides the point. When I asked my question, I was hoping on getting clarity for the reason of her immensely, powerful aura. She can't be human with an aura like that, but I don't know what else she could be. Maybe a shapeshifter? No, her scent didn't have that ever changing quality to it. The only thing her scent did have, was the stench of human. But once again, no human should be reeking of power like she does.

Urgh! This is all so confusing!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the girl threatened Rhys for trying to go into her mind. How she was even able to feel him, let alone kick him out, was a mystery to me. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, nearly everything about this girl is a mystery to me.

Obviously, Rhys was not very happy about being threatened in his own home, but I didn't think he would blow up like he did. I have a feeling that Feyre's absence has something to do with it. Usually, he would always be able to keep calm during tough situations, but ever since Feyre was taken back to the Spring Court, he's been very stressed—not like we all weren't either. But, I wouldn't ever admit that aloud.

The girl, who seemed just as mad as Rhys, yelled right back at him and then stormed out the room.

"Well that could have gone better", said Mor. Rhysand only groaned before slumping back into his seat.

"Does anyone have any ideas on what she is?" I asked hopefully. I'm not usually one to ask for assistance, but right now, I'm stumped.

Azriel only looked at me before saying, "I was hoping you'd say the same thing." The others nodded their agreement. After a few moments of silence, Cassian suddenly jumped up before announcing that he was going to the training room. The rest of us decided to come, needing to burn off steam—well, not everyone. I was only going to observe and think, I had a feeling the strange girl would be there, and I wanted to watch her fighting technique.
________________________________
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! And if you did, don't forget to like and follow! :)