Chapter 1

(Rhysand's POV)

Lately I've been stressed. Well maybe stressed isn't the right word for how I'm feeling, it's more like on-the-verge-of-a-panic-attack-all-the-damned-time kinda stressed. With Feyre at the Spring Court, the Highlords meeting just around the corner, and war on the horizon I've been more on edge then usual. So when a portal opened up and an iron coffin that reeked of power fell through it at supper, you could say I was mad with the universe.

Everybody jumped out of their chairs into defensive positions and just stared at it for what felt like forever before Cassian finally spoke up.

"Should we open it?" He asked with a look of unease on his face. Immediately everybody started voicing their disagreements all at once before Amren finally yelled for them to stop, "we should open it", she said. "Absolutely not!" I yelled, "do you not feel the power coming from that thing?! It's more powerful then all of ours together!" "Which is exactly why we should open it", she argued, "if we have this kind of power on our side we could up our chances of winning against Hybern".

She was right, of course. But that still didn't stop me from worrying. What if this thing couldn't communicate? What if it had malevolent intent? What if it killed us all? But with all those questions one stood out. Could it help us win?

And with that final thought I had my decision, "let's open it".
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter! I'll probably post the next chapter today or sometime tomorrow!
Constructive criticism is always welcomed to make my writing better and this story more interesting for you.

Have a wonderful day and remember you're beautiful/handsome so don't be afraid to be you!