Prologue

There once was a land far away known as Mycyridel, that was ruled by a beloved Princess... the only survivor from her bloodline.

For many decades prior, the country had been wrought by war; the former king decreeing that all magic and people with magic in their blood be banished upon seeing visions of their current evils and a great calamity if they remained. Wizards, witches, magical folk faced either exile or execution... and with this great battle began to ensue, magic users fighting for their freedom, humans fighting for their future.

Many years of war, drought and disease saw downfall to both sides of the fight and eventually, even the demise of the late king, as well as the entire royal bloodline. All except one...

In the end of the chaos Princess Ran began to rule, bringing on an age of prosperity in a land where magic only existed in sparse ares now. However the young princess could not come to truly law her kingdom as queen until she had married someone deemed worthy by the royal courts. The rule of the princess brought many years of prosperity and peace across the lands, her guidance rebuilding the country back to it's former glory and helping to bring back the shattered hope of the broken country. With the ban on magic still in effect, finally it seemed peace would return once more...

Or so they thought...

A menacing tower of pure obsidian rose up from the belly of the earth, its spire looking like flames raging from within it... the witches tower...

From the heart of the tower a vile and deadly plague began to spread, killing all livestock and crops it came into contact with, driving people to flee from their homes, bringing even the sturdiest of buildings to the ground... poverty, famine and misery was all that lay in wake of the shadow cast by the tower and the encroaching plague it had unleashed to the world. Within it the tower living the person who controlled the plague wishing for nothing but the demise of the royal family... a wretched witch, who would not stop until she saw the once prosperous and ethereal land fall to ruin at her hands.

It was upon realising such a witch was the cause behind this ploy, the princess then sent her most might warrior, a heroic and brave young knight, who had already done the kingdom a great many a good deed, to go slay the witch.

If the knight could kill the witch, he would not only he deemed the countries greatest hero... but he would also be able to take the princesses hand in marriage and rule the land alongside her...

And so... our hero's story begins....