VI - p a y b a c k

It's been a week since Camila and Shawn shared their secret with me. It was a thing that they managed to keep even from their managers somehow, but they had very reasonable reasons which I respected completely. It had taken a long time for Camila to come to terms with her sexuality and accept herself. Not only because of her family, but because of the industry. Despite the fact that it was getting better, the process was slow, and there were still too many people who'd be judgmental about it.

I'll never understand why it'd be other people's business whom one would love, but you know people. They are asses.

So she had told me everything about this. She told me how she met Shawn and how he became one of her best friends, and when she realized she was into girls, she got scared and wanted to hide it from everyone else. She knew the managers would have arranged a PR with some jerk to hide the truth, and because she didn't want to deal with such situations, she simply trusted Shawn with it and asked for his help, which he had gladly accepted.

Recently Shawn had been curious to know more about being, well, gay, because apparently he was crushing over some guy he met at an after party. He was feeling a bit down because he was confused about his sexuality, but I had a talk with him, and I advised him not to put any labels to himself because it would just limit his actions. It was so simple, actually. You like who you like, and that's it. You don't owe any explanation to anyone, even yourself. I'd say we had become friends after that talk, he told me how much it helped him multiple times and we hung out from time to time.

I kept talking to Lauren, getting too flirty from time to time, but we both knew it wouldn't go any further than that. We were just so comfortable around each other and enjoyed each other's company a lot. We met like twice this week and had so much fun together. It hadn't been even a month since we met and yet we had bonded somehow.

We were in Boston, and we had two days to spend here before we'd fly to Philadelphia. We were all settled in the hotel, I was in the same room with Chris, as usual, and Camila's room was in front of ours.

I went out of shower, dried myself up with the towel and wore my boxers. I put my sports bra on and placed the towel on my shoulder, then opened the door, knowing that since Chris went out, I'd be alone in the room.

Or so I thought.

"Hey Y/N, I was wonderi- oh shit!" The brunette said, her face becoming red out of embarrassment. She immediately placed her hands on her eyes and turned around, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know you'd be- I mean, I knocked-"

"Camila, chill," I said, laughing slightly at her reaction. "It's not like I was naked," I said, putting the towel on the bed and opening my closet to take a pair of skinny jeans.

"I know, but still, I'm sorry," she said, not moving from where she was standing. She was so cute.

I wore my pants and grabbed a grey tshirt with cut off sleeves and neck.

"Hey Cuban, you're fine," I said with a smirk. She walked towards me and I kept staring at her face with the same grin, which made her blush and bump my shoulder playfully. "That's not nice."

"What did I even do?"

"I know that smirk of yours," she said with a cute frown.

"No you don't," I said, my smirk widening now. She squinted her eyes at me. Again, cute. I grabbed the towel and dried my hair with it, "So what's up?"

"I just came to ask if you'd like to spend the day with me," she shrugged innocently. "We have a few hours before we go to the rehearsals, and everyone's out already."

"So did you pick me, or are you stuck with me?" I asked playfully.

She rolled her eyes, not being able to hide her smile, "I picked you because I was stuck with you," I saw her stuck her tongue out at me. I smirked at her, shaking my head.