XI - a s o n g

Your POV

4 new messages from Cabaello.

Cabaello: we need to ralk tomorrw
Cabaello: walk
Cabaello: TALK
Cabaello: bitch.

I could feel my expression change to expose my confusion as I read these messages. Interesting, I thought, she usually avoids talking to me when she is mad at me, which gave me the idea that something must have happened. My teeth were slightly biting the edge of my lip as I started thinking of the possibility, yet not knowing what it might be was irritating. 

Just when I was thinking of whether to text back or not, a soft hand snapped its fingers in front of me, taking me back to reality. 

"From earth to Y/L/N."

My eyes found the green eyed Cuban, making my lips form a little smirk. "I don't think you're calling from earth, looking hot as hell like that." 

Even though I could tell her lips were hiding a smirk, she rolled her eyes and slapped my arm playfully, moving her tongue around her dark red lips. 

Pretending to be hurt, I held my arm, "What was that for?"

"For being so cheesy," she answered with a sarcastic smile, narrowing her eyes. "Now focus."

Trying to delay a serious talk about the topic as long as possible, I put my usual mask on - that smirk. "That's exactly what I'm trying to do," I winked.

I felt her hit my arm harder this time, making me pout. She didn't need to be that rude, did she? 

"Well deserved," she said shrugging in response to my puppy eyes. I mean she was right but still. "Now tell me what is it with you and Camila?"

My chest felt an ache at the sound of her name. A little sigh was inevitable when she was mentioned. I tried to rake everything that happened in my mind, yet I struggled doing that. Everything was a mess now, and I didn't know what to do about it. Silence filled the car as I was trying to put everything together, but Lauren wanted an answer. My eyes looked at her face to notice her eyebrow raise, signing me to say something.

"I.. I mean..." my hand scratched my nape slightly.

"Oh my god, have some balls, Y/N," Lauren finally said.

Knowing she was right, I sighed.

"I mean even I barely know what happened. We did some stuff but it was nothing official, though it was obvious we were into each other. Then when she found out I kissed you and she got upset, I guess. She said I'd need to suffer first," the last word sounded more like a question.

She mumped, showing that she understood what was up. "That explains the guy from the bar. And you got jealous and probably all protective when you saw them like that and, here we are."

"She didn't let me do anything to him..." I said softly, remembering the moment.

"Aha? Why do you think that is?"

I looked into her eyes as if I was waiting for an answer. She exhaled, "Who's Camila?"

"A singer," I shrugged.

She nodded, "And who are you?"

"Her guitarist?"

"And what would happen if you two were seen in a bar fight?"

"Fans would join?" I said now with a bit of irony in my voice. I saw that the third slap was gonna come, so I grabbed her hand softly and kissed the top of her hand, getting rid of the violence, thankfully.