XV - d e c i s i o n s

Hi.

Getting unnecessarily defensive is one of the most distinguishable indications that someone is lying, which was exactly what she did. My feet knew they were dragging me away from her home, but they didn't have a destination. I didn't really have a comfort place or person I'd rather be with when I was in such situations. I usually preferred hanging out alone with my old friends, tequila and gin. This gave me an idea, so I hopped in my car and drove to the place where it all began.

Parking my car in the front, I got out, taking a quick glance around. It was a Thursday night, which meant the place was gonna be that crowded. That's something that the full parking lot also hinted at. I walked pass the guards as they greeted me.

"Y/N, what a pleasure," one of them said, slightly moving his hat to greet me. I nodded as a greeting, hitting his shoulder slightly, before letting myself inside.

Ignoring many eyes that were looking at me and nodding at some people that were greeting me, I stopped by the bar. It was Ashley's shift, which meant I didn't even need to order anything once I make sure she notices me. After handing some guy a drink, she turned her head. Surprised to see me, her eyebrows raised, but not long after she let a playful expression replace her surprised one.

"Well well well, who'd we have here," she said, placing her hands on the bar and leaning front. "Where have you been, famous one? We missed you here," She had a cigar in between her lips. Tilting her head, she blew the smoke towards my face, which made me close my eyes for a brief moment.

Smirking at her, I took her cigar from her lips and placed it in between mines. "Give me the usual one, babe."

"I am not giving you anything as long as you don't tell me why the hell you never called," she said with a similar smirk on her face, except that hers was a sarcastic one.

"Oh come on, babe," I said with an innocent look in my face.

She rolled her eyes, "Don't babe me, it's not gonna work."

"Alright," I decided to play cool. I blew the smoke out of my nose, putting the cigar out afterwards. "Then you leave me no choice, back off."

She frowned, "What will you do-"

Leaning on my hands, I jumped and threw myself at the other side of the bar. "Now come here," I said, grabbing her waist to pull her close to me. Even though her stare was cold, I could see that she was holding back a grin.

"Fuck off, Y/N," she said, biting the edge of her lip. I kissed her cheek, moving away to see her expression. "Still mad?" I raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes, "I'll prepare your drink," she said.

"Nah, go make the other drinks," I pointed at some girl waiting to order, "I'll prepare mine," I winked at her. Taking out a glass, I poured some scotch whiskey along with some tequila and added some ice in it. Putting a piece of lemon on the edge of the glass, I put it on the bar where I was sitting and switched the sides.

Before I took my drink, I looked at my phone. Camila hadn't called or texted. I was biting the inside of my cheek out of anxiety. Sure, such interactions and drinks distracted me. But when I was left alone with my thoughts even for a short time, my mind was becoming a prison for me. I took a few sips from my drink and decided to do something I wouldn't expect from myself. I called her.

No answer.

Was she asleep or was she with Shawn?

The glass of alcohol in my palm could not answer this, but it could distract me from it. I sloshed it down, hearing Ashley say something.