IX - s u f f e r

The sun had already come into my room through the windows and there I was, sitting on my bed with no sleep in my eyes. Chris had arrived late and as he had come he immediately had thrown himself to bed, saying he was extremely tired. Not long after his snoring filled the room, but I had nothing to complain about since it was obvious I wasn't going to manage to sleep.

I couldn't stop thinking of how I found Camila with her so called best friend in her room. What deeply affected me wasn't the fact that she slept with someone else because we weren't even anything official. Of course that upset me too, but what gave me a jolt was that I had been lied to. And it even happened when there was absolutely no need for that. Not to dramatize but I felt somehow used.

Not to dramatize but let's be dramatic. I chuckled at myself sarcastically. My fingers found my hair and pulled some strands as if doing it would help me calm myself but surprisingly it did not happen. Fortunately Chris was downstairs having a breakfast, or I would have to worry about leaving an impression as if I'm actually insane.

Would that be a wrong impression, though?

I heard the door knock. Groaning silently, I stood up from bed and let my feet move sheepishly towards the door. As I opened it, I saw the first girl who managed to make me lose my sleep.

"Why aren't you downstairs?" She said, stepping inside the room without asking for a permission. I closed the door and went after her.

"Why are you here?" My hands leaned on the drawer table as I looked at the brunette who was sitting on the edge of my bed.

She had a slight frown and a puzzled expression on her face, "What does that mean?"

"It means why aren't you with your boyfriend?"

"Do you have amnesia or something?" she raised her eyebrow.

"I wish I had just to erase yesterday night from my memory." I walked towards the closet, pretending I was looking for some pieces of clothing when in reality I was just trying to avoid having a talk about what upset me.

"What happened last night, Y/N, can you be clear please?" Her voice was softer than before.

I sighed annoyedly, "Can you leave please?"

Hearing her stand up from behind me, I didn't even bother turning around. Something was dropped on the bed, and I felt her approach me from behind. She harshly closed the closet door and stared at me, "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's with you."

"I saw you two, Camila," I spoke finally meeting her gaze. She still seemed confused and shook her head slightly, waiting for me to continue. "I heard you and Shawn in your room yesterday."

She looked like she was processing what I told her with a frown and then her expression changed, "Oh! Hold on," she was almost smiling now, "I was not even in my room yesterday. I let Shawn sleep there and I went to Amy's room."

"Wait, so it wasn't you who-"

"Nope, you idiot," she hit my shoulder, "You really have to learn how to listen," she pointed at her ear with a grin.

"Fucking shit," I hid my face in my palms, leaning my back to the closet door. "Someone fucking slap me, please!"

"Okay, let me," her hands gripped mines to remove them from my face. She stood on her tiptoes to kiss me, but I tilted my head to stop her.

Her head moved back with that puzzled frown of hers, "Okay you better not be using drugs," she said sarcastically.

"There's something I want you to know, Camila," I looked into her eyes and bit my lip anxiously, "That was also the reason why I came to your room after I dropped Lauren home. I wanted to tell you."