9

"I'm sorry about today," Elkie mumbled into her shoulder.

Yeeun had taken them on a short drive away from Tzuyu's apartment, into a more rural area where it was easier to see the stars. She had pulled into an abandoned lot, that looked less creepy than Elkie would've imagined. The point is that they were alone and they were together, and that was exactly how Elkie wanted to be right now.

Yeeun had pulled out a couple of blankets from the back of her car and draped them over the hood of her car, then laid down herself and motioned for Elkie to do the same. It was more comfortable that Elkie would've guessed and the view of the night sky was breath taking. The most beautiful view, however, was the blonde haired girl next to her, who was snuggled into her shoulder.

"I already forgave you, El, don't worry,"

"I know that there's things you haven't told me about Jamie," Elkie paused. "But I know enough to know it was bad,"

"Can we not-"

"Yeeun, we have to," Elkie sat up. "We have to talk about it,"

"I'm sorry that I can be clingy and obsessive," Yeeun looked down. "It's just...it doesn't matter,"

"It does matter," Elkie said gently, putting her hand on Yeeun's chin. "I'm right here. Just tell me what happened. You don't have to get specific," She kissed Yeeun's forehead. "And you can stop if you need to. But I need to know if I want to help you,"

Yeeun took a deep breath. "She just...knew how to get in my head. Make me question things,"

"What kind of things," Elkie pressed.

"Everything was my fault when we dated," Yeeun said quietly. "If she cheated, it was because I wasn't good enough, if she made me upset, I had been a bad girlfriend. She just...did what she wanted to me," Yeeun winced at the thought. "What I wanted didn't matter. I should be grateful for anything at all,"

Yeeun pulled back from Elkie, but Elkie was quick to wrap her arms around Yeeun, comforting her.

"You know that it wasn't your fault," Elkie said close to her ear.

"I let her do bad things to me," Yeeun whispered. "I let her. I begged her to stay with me. I couldn't take being alone," Yeeun's voice cracked. "She was all I had, sometimes. But she never needed me,"

"I need you," Elkie rubbed her cheek comfortingly. "Yeeun, you're loved and you're wanted. Not just by me, but by all our friends. You mean..." Elkie's voice wavered. "So much to me. The world," She laughed softly. "Hell, you even saved my life from Seunghee's ex boyfriend,"

Yeeun smiled when she laughed. "But anyone could've done that," She pointed out shyly.

"But it was you," Elkie insisted.

Yeeun hid her face in Elkie's neck, muttering a small thank you and relaxing. Elkie smiled when she could feel Yeeun's hands sheepishly wrapping around her waist, pulling her flush against Yeeun's own body. Elkie slung a leg over Yeeun's hip and sighed, running her fingers though Yeeun's hair.

A silence spread between the both of them, but it was comforting and it gave Elkie time to just enjoy Yeeun's presence. This moment felt absolutely perfect, with nothing to distract them from each other. Elkie just wanted to hold her girlfriend forever, keep her safe from the people who had hurt her. It wasn't fair that someone as loving and wonderfully Yeeun was the person who got hurt. She didn't deserve it, no one deserved what she had been through. Elkie would never let Yeeun doubt her again. She wanted to prove that she was a stable person in Yeeun's life, that Yeeun could depend on her.