The Long Way Home

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

This is a small story, that has been in my mind for (6+) years now, it was actually a story idea requested by someone, unfortunately I can't remember who it was, she had asked me to write a story where the hero and heroine are married because of a business deal by their parents. This is that story.

I just wanted to let you all know that since Ramadan is starting, I would be taking a break from writing, so this could be my last story before Ramadan starts.

Curled up on the couch, Pragya looks through her phone gallery for her wedding photo. Finding one where they both were facing and smiling at each other, she stops in surprise, she doesn't even remember taking this photo. She selects that.

1 year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. All gone in the blink of an eye. I still remember the day you proposed me for marriage and I can honestly say with the confidence and love that I had said yes then, it is as strong as ever, even today, or maybe more. I could marry you a hundred times and more. Thank God, we are going to be together for our next 7 births.

The moment she posted it, wishes started pouring in from all over the world. She kept on liking all the posts wishing them and asking them for their anniversary plans and what they gifted each other. Some asking her to post more photos of theirs in Dubai. She ignored all those calling them fake couple, PDA couple and general abuses. She just scrolled through it when she sees a reply from her husband.

Is he up? Pragya curiously wonders as she looked at the bedroom door. then she curiously looks at what had he replied.

7 births is too less for me, I want more with you, sweetheart.

Pragya likes the post and replies with a kissing emoji. Even before she had posted her response there were people gushing about their love and fairytale romance. With a sigh, Pragya started liking all the posts.

She hears the door open and looks up to see her husband step out.

"Are you ready to go?" Abhishek asks her.

"Yeah." Pragya replies as she grabbed her bag and mobile.

"Let's go then." He replies then as an afterthought, he tells her, "Oh happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary to you too." Pragya replies as she took out her sunglasses from her bag.

**********

The moment they reached Dubai Mall, they split up. She went for her shopping and he went for his shopping.

Pragya was looking through Versace handbags when she heard notifications. She quickly checks her phone and sees it were still the comments. The most asked questions were their plans and what they were gifting each other. Sighing, she turns to the salesman with a polite smile.

"Can you take a photo for me, please?"

"Sure, Ma'am." He replies with a smile.

Pragya turns on the camera of her phone and hands him the phone. Then she holds the bag with both her hand and smiles excitedly for the photo.

"Thank you. and please bill it." Pragya tells him.

She forwards the photo to Abhishek.

I'll post that as your gift for me?

She walks to the billing section to pay for the bag. Just as she finished swiping her card he replies.

Cool.