Someone To Watch Over Me

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

Previous Story: Best Friend's Sibling Duology 2 - Winds of Love (Posted on 9-Jun-2021)

Warning:

I don't know whether many would like this story, as this isn't a romantic/love story. it is more of a journey/coming of age/ state of Pragya. more like a phase in Pragya's life, and more of a family drama, and this story is excruciatingly long.

P.S: I have been watching Imlie for a while now, and that has crept into this story, sorry, couldn't help it.

Major warning:

Abhishek might come across like a hypocrite, it was intentional.

Note:

I know many find it difficult to read when characters from other show features in the story, but I couldn't think of someone other than Shivaay for this story.

After ending her disastrous marriage of 10 years, she was finally back to her home. Sarala takes a deep breath as she tried to breath in the fresh air, wanting to go back to her good old life when her parents were alive and she was happy.

"Memsaab..."

Hearing the hesitant voice, Sarala turns to the sound and finds a woman and boy. Sarala smiles at her.

"I'm Santoshi and this is my son, Abhishek." Santoshi tells her smiling.

Sarala smiles at her. "You are the cook, right?"

"Yes. Thank you for letting me bring my son with me. after his father's death, I don't have anyone to leave him with."

"It is not a problem. How old is your son?" Sarala asks her as she caressed Abhishek's cheek.

But Abhishek's attention wasn't on Sarala or his mother, his attention was solely on the one-year-old baby in Sarala's arm.

"he is 6."

"Can I take the baby?" Abhishek asks her.

Sarala smiles seeing him so in awe. "Sure, be careful and she is a little cranky."

Abhishek nods as he took the baby in his arms. "What is your name, baby?" Abhishek asks the baby as he held her securely in his arms.

"Pragya." Sarala answers him.

"Pragya." Abhishek says as he touched her cheek with a finger.

Pragya looks at the stranger holding her for a few seconds then she smiles at him.

Abhishek makes cute faces at her and Pragya starts laughing happily.

*********

Pragya was in one of her cranky moods. Sarala was having a hard time trying to calm her daughter.

"Abbb."

As he walked in through the gates itself, Abhishek could hear her angry wailing. Leaving his things on the floor, he runs in.

"What happened?" Abhishek asks as he ran to Sarala.

"Abbb." Pragya says as she extended her hands to him.

"You're late that is what happened." Sarala tells him tired as she handed her daughter to him.

"Sorry, Pragya. Ma wanted me to get things from the market." Abhishek tells her as he cradled her in his arms.

Pragya angrily pinches his cheek.

"Ouch, that hurts, Pragya. bad girl. You shouldn't do that." Abhishek scolds her frowning.