Punar Vivaah

"Pragya... please have a look at this profile." Sarla gently tells her as she tried to pass the laptop to her.

"You just tell me the details, Maa." Pragya replies disinterested as she changed the channel.

"His name is Abhishek Mehra, he is 32 years old, and he is working as a Finance Director."

"At 32?" Pragya asks suspiciously. "Maa, you know how people lie over the matrimony site, right?"

"You think we would just decide on anyone?" Sarla asks her frowning. "I've been talking to him and Anand did inquire about him."

"You have been talking to him?" Pragya asks surprised.

"Yes. He seems like a nice man. Will you meet him?"

"Did you tell him everything?"

"I did."

"And he has no problem?"

"He has a 4-year-old daughter, Pragya." Sarla gently tells her.

"Hmmm. What happened to his first wife?"

"Divorced. Will you meet him?" Sarla asks her again.

Pragya nods her head not happy or sad over the prospect.

Today Abhishek Mehra was coming to meet her and Pragya was still trying to come to terms with the idea of a remarriage. If few years back someone might have told her that Nikhil and she would be getting a divorce and that she would be thinking of marrying someone else she would have laughed over that with Nikhil. They had been so madly in love then the desire for a child had toppled down everything and her perfect marriage had turned into a nightmare. Today, she didn't particularly want to get married but seeing that her aging parents were worrying about her future she had decided to get married for them, not for her, for them. She had loved once and lost; now she didn't have the courage to love again. Hearing the door bell, Pragya looks up just as her parents opened the door to welcome a handsome man. She watches him curiously as he talked to her parents with a polite smile.

"Please come inside." Anand tells him.

Nodding, Abhi starts walking in and Pragya notices a small girl wearing a short skirt and top with ponytail was holding his hand and looking around curiously. Her curious eyes lands on her and she smiles at Pragya. Pragya smile back at her.

"This is my daughter, Pragya." Anand tells Abhi.

Abhi turns to look at her and gently nods his head. "Hello."

"Hello." Pragya replies.

"This is my daughter, Ruhi." Abhi tells her as he gently caressed her hair.

Pragya smiles at Ruhi and Ruhi smiles back at her, "This is my Papa, Abhishek Mehra." Ruhi tells Pragya since everyone had failed to introduce her father to anyone.

"They know, darling." Abhi gently whispers to her.

"Oh." Ruhi nods.

Anand chuckles softly, "Please sit."

Abhi and Ruhi sit next to each other as Anand, Sarla and Pragya sat opposite to them.

Anand, Sarla and Abhi talked to each other while Pragya and Ruhi remained silent.

"I understand you don't have any immediate family... what about other relatives?" Anand asks Abhi.

"My parents passed away few years back. I am an only son. I don't have any close family as such, just some distant relation that I meet for functions or festivals over the years." Abhi explains to them. "It is just Rooh and me."