The Office

Hello everyone...

How are you all?

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. The Ex (Posted on 14 - Nov - 2022)

I am still binging on Supernatural so I didn't get time to write. So, I just thought of writing a small Drabble. This is just a random light read. Hope you guys will like it.

Pragya walks to her seat when she notices a man sitting on one of the table.

"Good morning." He says noticing her.

"Good morning... You are Abhishek, right?" Pragya asks confused seeing him in their section.

"Yes." Abhishek replies as he stood up and extended his hand. "And you are?"

"Pragya." Pragya replies as she shook his hand and quickly let go. "You need something?" Pragya asks as she walked to her table.

"No... I am working here now." Abhishek tells her.

"Here?" Pragya asks confused. "I thought you were Suresh's assistant." Pragya says, Suresh was the Finance head.

"I got reassigned. I am going to assist this team from now on." Abhishek tells her.

"Oh... Neil's assistant." Pragya nods as she sat down. Neil was the Programming Head.

Seeing that Abhishek also sits down.

"What about Purvi? She was assisting him." Pragya asks confused.

"Maternity leave." Abhishek informs her shocked, wondering how she didn't know that.

"Ah okay." Pragya nods her head. "Anyway, I've work. Neil will take time to reach."

"Time? Office hours is in 5 minutes." Abhishek says in confused.

"His timing is different." Pragya brushes it off and switched on her system.

Abhishek sat by as Pragya got busy working on the coding.

*********

Abhishek had nothing to do, so he simply watched as Pragya frantically worked. After a while, he gets up and walks off to the pantry.

"Didn't know whether you were a coffee person or tea person." Abhishek says as he offered her a cup of coffee and a cup of tea.

Pragya looks up at him in shock. "You didn't have to." Pragya says as she took the coffee. "Thank you."

"Assisting the team is my duty." Abhishek reminds her with a smile as he walked to his desk.

"You are Neil Sir's assistant." Pragya reminds him as she took a sip and signs in relief. "Thank you."

"You are welcome." Abhishek replies smiling. "When is Neil coming?"

"Neil Sir." Pragya corrects him.

"Really?" Abhishek asks surprised. "Suresh was cool with me calling his name."

"Neil Sir is not." Pragya tells him. "He should come in a while."

"Okay. Do you need any help?"

"No, I am fine." Pragya replies as she got back to work. "Thanks for asking."

Abhishek nods. Noticing Tanu, he goes off to talk to her.

Seeing him walk off, Pragya curiously look up and sees him talking to the HR. They seemed to be friends with the way he was talking to her. Pragya shrugs it off and continues to work.