Welcome to the New World

══════════════════

══════════════════

When it first started, you were sixteen and immature in the ways of the world and before you could fully experience it as a young teen, it suddenly collapsed and fell to anarchy.

But instead of talking about that, let's go back to how it first started--how the world had been overturned by a biochemical weapon of mass destruction and baser human instinct.

It all started when the transmutation of the human genome was but mere conjecture--rumors based on unproven claims that could only be backed by solid evidence. That, however, soon changed when society began undergoing weird, almost odd mutations, much like the ones the 'mad' scientists had claimed decades earlier.

Men and women's biological systems were slowly, but surely shifting; something that had been called the next step of evolution by many. And those who had successfully shifted and not died in the process had transcended to a new form of humanity, while others took to the media and proclaimed that it was a biochemical weapon made to destroy countries--that it was all false.

Either way, the change had begun, whether those individuals liked it or not.

And some, but very few, underwent a metamorphosis of sorts and began experiencing new sensational highs; not only was their sight, smell, taste, and hearing heightened, but their skin grew tougher and their prowess in hunting and surviving grew. And with that, their chances of insemination and being impregnated were much higher--a valuable skill in a world where humans were no longer at the top of the pyramid. And last, but not least, they attained a secondary gender and pheromones only other's of the change had attained.

These were called Alphas.

They were on top of the other's and wielded those below them with their commanding tone and pheromones.

However, they were not the only ones who had undergone change either.

Much like the alphas, another group from the mutation emerged and they were known as the omegas.

Not only did they attain heightened senses and higher chances of being impregnated but they also became more resilient to the weathers and their adaptability rates shot through the sky; not to mention their remarkable pheromones that attracted others to them like wild-flowers. These few and rare individuals were sought out by many, especially those with the alpha strand. And these few were addicted, almost obsessed with these new flowers of nature.

Although they had lower chances of impregnating others, their impregnation rates were astounding, unlike Alphas who had higher rates of impregnating and lower rates of impregnation. And though it was constructed like this, there were rare occurrences of women mutating into alphas and some men shifting into omegas, however, those were few and infrequent.