CRY for FREEDOM

══════════════════

══════════════════

TWO YEARS PRIOR

Kid woke up in the center of a dusty ring, his body in a mangled position on the rocky ground. On the outside, it appeared to be a regular building, but the interior was anything but. It was a makeshift colosseum with barbed wire, a chain-link fence wrapped around the mast, sheet metal, and barbaric spikes with skulls attached to the pointed tips. It was his own Mad Max pit of horror -- right down Kid's alley. Had he not been on the receiving end of this humiliation, he would have found it ingenious.

With pointed eyes, he lifted his bandaged shoulder, giving it a contemplative huff before turning back to Hawkins. It had taken only a week for it to completely scar over, but the emotional trauma that came with it had haunted his nights in his isolation cell.

At the sound of something above him, Kid lifted his head. Stood atop a metallic overpass was Hawkins. He leered down at the alpha with a condescending smile, one that seemed to say 'I won', but the subsequent smirk that rose to the redhead's face wiped it away immediately.

"You'll fight for as long as you can hold up," Hawkins bellowed down at him, the emotionless tilt carrying over the encompassing chambers, "And trust me when I say this, Eustass Kid -- you will break. "

The blonde alpha walked around the donut-shaped ledge until he was back where he started, and he looked down at Kid -- half-lidded eyes taking in his drugged-up state.

"Alas," He began once more, "There are many like me, and we will span across many generations. But you, Kid; you're a dying breed. A one in a million. So come with me. Join me. Become one of us."

Kid heaved himself from the floor and walked up to the welded walls keeping him separated from the blonde before glaring. The chains on his ankles clinked with each step, and the sound of the weighted cannons strapped to each foot created a grating noise, but it seemed not to bother the alpha.

With a grin -- all full of teeth -- he spat out, "I work under no man. No man other than myself, that is."

That was all he said before he retreated back to the center, when suddenly a flash of lights gleamed overhead. Several spotlights shone down at the alpha and he lifted his hand to shade them from the intensity. Then, from the distance, he heard Hawkins's voice boom out, enveloping the colosseum with its breathy undertone.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about the weights," Hawkins said, gesturing down to the massive balls strapped to each of Kid's ankles, "They are mere... precautions, you see. I can't have you killing off everyone without a little resistance. That wouldn't be much of a show, after all."

Hawkins's deluded smile stretched his lips, and Kid felt his phantom arm tingle with the need to tear his throat out.

"So, the Red Carnage of the West -- why don't you show us your fangs?"