Judgment Day

══════════════════

══════════════════

'For man, when perfected, is the best of animals, but, when separated from the law and justice, he is the worst of all.' -Aristotle

"I let you live, Jack-y boy. What do you say to that?" Kid's deep, throaty voice squirmed in your gut; hot as lead in your stomach.

"T-Thank you, Kid." Jack whimpered.

This was the start of your hell...

    Dark eyes lifting to the overhead lights, you squinted; sadness, worry, and above all, fear overshadowing all else. This particular emotion was also prominent amongst those kneeling on the lit up dirt, their eyes lifted to the cruel smile of the red-head and the malicious bat he had in hand; all wired and dripping with the blood of the remnants of past walkers.

    You gulped down that thrill of fear that suddenly arose in you, hot and heady and dangerously sharp. Despite being a beta, having now lived four years on the road, your nose, as well as other parts of your body had now acclimated to the harsher environment. Though you might not have adopted the sight, scent, and the strength an omega or an alpha might have had, your nose could now seek out pheromones in the air, especially ones as strong as the red-head's; it practically hung heavy on the atmosphere like a thick blanket, oozing and cloying, smelling strongly of blood, oil, and a pervasive alpha-ness.

    This man, unlike any other alpha you had met, exuded authority, bloodlust, and wielded fear like a blade--he was the king of alphas, or more so than any other you had ever met. Your nerves were practically singing with unspoken fear and tension just from one look of those tawny eyes, or the sharp canines that would occasionally glint under the fluorescent lights.

    Your nose cringed from the assault of pheromones cutting through the air; piercing hot and heavy, and it seemed that you weren't the only one being affected too. Jack, prior leader of this sorry gang, was quivering in his spot, face smeared with the blood of Eustass's bat, and a wobbling lip of absolute pants-shitting terror etched onto his face. His hands were tied to his back as he kneeled in place, looking up to the red-head as if he were an avenging angel and a demon ready to drag him to the pits of Tartatrus at the same time; eyes blown wide from the lack of light and his nostrils flaring every so often to take in another heady whiff of the other's smell, his whole body crumpling from the commanding scent.

    You'd heard of this before, an alpha so strong he could will the others into submission with just one sniff of their pheromones alone, and though it wasn't all that effective on betas since their sense of smell was rather crippled, you could still feel the tingling want of submission deep in the recesses of your mind. You wanted so badly to bow your head to the floor, to escape his piercing scent and sight, to crumple in on yourself from the heaviness of his aura.