Bonded to the Demon

══════════════════

══════════════════

You honestly couldn't remember being dragged to the isolation cell or waking up a couple of hours later. Sat on the cold, concrete floor with your face pressed to the iron surface of the prison door, you stared blankly at the small slit of light illuminated through the crack at the bottom of the entryway -- everything save for that was dark, and this pitch-black, dank room wasn't helping the mounting headache in your right temple either.

The sound of clattering on the other end startled you and you looked up to see Rayleigh peeking through the small bars secured to the top half of the heavy metal door, looking worried. Whatever he had said had been drowned out by the rushing of blood in your head. You scurried up, clammy hands pressed to the cool door for some semblance of relief as you gazed into the father-like warmth that was Rayleigh's eyes.

When he ceased talking, and the abrupt silence made you feel slightly disoriented, you parted your chapped lips and gazed up, vacant eyes worrying him a tad more than he would have liked, considering you were just a random beta he'd only met the other day. Rayleigh looked from side to side, making sure that Kid was nowhere in sight before he reached through the bars and dropped a pathetic, stale piece of bread and a small slice of ham he'd secured into the gap, watching in father-like sadness as you tore through it, rabid and with abandon.

Whatever you felt for the kind elderly was nowhere near as hot as the flames of hatred you felt for that alpha -- that monster you hoped you'd kill one day, as that was your only lifeline at this point. You didn't care if you died, much less the harm it'd cause the older man, even if he treated you like a daughter, but it did hurt to wonder what Sabo would think -- if he thought of you anymore. If he was even alive at this point...

You tore another chunk of the ham, relishing in the explosive taste it spread across your palate, not even realizing you were pumping out faint pheromones of animosity, ones that concerned the elderly alpha greatly.

How so young a beta could hold so fierce a hatred worried him, but perhaps that was the nature of this world. No matter how old or young, hatred was prevalent among those who'd experienced the horrors of this new society and the dangers it presented. It was only natural that someone like you, who hadn't had human interaction for -- who knows how long -- would revert to this primal-like state, only acting on the behest of their survival instincts to keep themselves alive long enough to accomplish whatever dying goals they had left to rely on. It was sad, really. So much potential reduced to a frail, decaying mound of bones; your eyes as vacant as the night-sky and devoid of any emotion you'd normally see in a jubilant young adult.

Heart clenching at your pitiful form, he began pumping calming pheromones, though not so much that it'd attract any unnecessary attention, but enough to notice the slight change in your scent, one that was geared more towards comfortable drowsiness than attentive anger.