Chapter 4

Sniff

Sniff sniff

Jack Sparrow sat aboard his ship, the Black Pearl, sniffing around for the only piece of food he could find. A peanut. He put a napkin over the front of his shirt and placed the peanut on a fork. He looked around to make sure no one else was watching, and went to eat it, when a gunshot rang through the air, and he fell to the ground, dead.

The killer, Jack Sparrow as well, placed the gun back in his belt and picked up the tiny nut. "My peanut." he said, eating it. "Haul the halyard! Slacken braces!"

A shirtless Jack Sparrow hung from the shrouds and called, "Aye, captain. Slacken braces! Step lively with a will!"

The Black Pearl was being crewed by an entire ship full of Jack Sparrows, each a little different in his own way. A terrified Jack lie on the ground, seemingly contemplating a lot of things. "Help." he muttered.

Another Jack was seemingly standing there, doing nothing, until he clicked and began clucking like a chicken. A Jack behind him was looking at an egg questioningly.

Another Jack sat on a bench with his waistcoat buttoned up all the way to his neck. He looked to the goat next to him, seemingly lusting after the poor animal.

Six Jacks stood up above the sails, letting them loose, the black fabric flowing down as they let them loose.

"Haul the sheets handsomely. Scandalize the lateens." Another Jack shouted, causing more to follow his commands.

The main Jack, who was the captain, walked through his crewmen and saw one of the Jacks holding up the tack line. "Mr. Sparrow."

"Aye, Captain." the Jack responded.

"What say you about the condition of this tack line?" Captain Jack asked.

"It be proper to my eyes, sir." the Jack said, looking at his work. Other Jacks had begun to flock around and watch.

"Proper?" Captain Jack repeated, and moved to the line undoing it from it's hold and throwing it in the Jack's arms. "It is neither proper not suitable, sir. It is not acceptable nor adequate. It is, an obvious fact, an abomination."

"Begging your pardon, sir, but perhaps if you gave a man another chance." the Jack muttered.

"Shall I?" Captain Jack sneered, and unsheathed his sword to plunge it into the Jack's stomach. He leaned into his ear and whispered shakily, "That sort of thinking got us into this mess." He removed the sword from the man's gut and watched as he dropped to the floor. He began scraping the blood off his sword on the railing next to him. "We have lost speed and, therefore, time. Precious time, which cannot be recovered once lost. Do you understand?" he shouted at the crew.

"Aye, cap'n!" they all answered.

"Uh, aye, cap'n." One Jack said late, frightened.

"Do you now?" Jack said and sheathed his sword, spinning around. "It will all have to be redone. All of it! And let this serve a lesson to the lot of you!" Jack began ranting to his crew of Jacks.

Except there was no crew.

No multiple Jacks.

Nobody.

Jack was all alone, hallucinating.

"Doldrum, sir, has the entire crew on edge! I have no sympathy for any of you feculent maggots, and no more patience to pretend otherwise. If you lot could listen to order, maybe we could be back with our beloved (Y/n) instead of rotting away here." Jack said to his nobodys, thinking of the girl he loved. He did every day. Jack jumped to the railing and grabbed a rope. "Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness." With that, he jumped out of the boat, but only managed to turn up in the next real nightmare.

He stood in Port Royal, the only one looking up at the hangman's noose, for no one was around him. Looking around, he was confused, for there was absolutely no one in the courtyard.

"Jack." he heard, and turned to see someone now standing on the trapdoor of the noose, the sun creating a silhouette of them. He didn't need to see their face, he knew that lovely voice.

"(Y/n)?" he whispered, looking at her. Suddenly, the sky darkened as it started to rain, and he could now see her face. She was looking down at him with a disappointed face, and he could see her hands were bound in front of her. Hatred swarmed in her eyes as she looked at him.

"Yes, it's me, Jack. The girl you claim to love." (Y/n) sneered, her normally sparkling (e/c) eyes now dull and devoid of all light. "The one you said you would save."

Jack, his heart twisting in pain, looked up at her. "Luv, what are you talking about. You're safe!"

She chuckled humorlessly as the noose appeared around her neck, thunder cracking as she laughed. "Don't call me that. I HATE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME THAT! You actually believe that you saved me? Jack, you did this to me."

"No... no, I couldn't. I wouldn't..." Jack muttered to himself, holding his head.

"Yes you did! And now, I'm going to die because you couldn't give up the bloody compass! You only ever wanted to save your own skin!" (Y/n) screamed at him. "I hate you!"

"You told me you loved me." Jack whimpered, losing his control.

"You actually think I would love a dirty, no good pirate? HA!" (Y/n) snarled. "Jack Sparrow you mean nothing to me. And now, because of your selfishness, I'm going to die. And there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"NO!!" Jack shouted in despair as he watched the lever pull itself. The trapdoor opened, and (Y/n) fell through, her neck now broken. Jack ran towards her body and sliced the rope from her throat, holding her tenderly. Her eyes, now unseeing, stared back at him, the life no longer there. "No I couldn't... I couldn't..." Jack muttered over and over as he gingerly caressed her face, her skin now turning cold.

"But you did." Jack heard behind him, and turned to see the figure of his love standing with a rope around her neck, the bones obviously broken. "You may claim to love me, but your heart is stone cold and will never be released from this hell."

"Stop... this is too much... too much..." Jack muttered to himself, tears now streaming down his face. The thought of (Y/n) dying was too much to bear.

Jack Sparrow's punishment was to watch the woman he loves die in front of him because of a mistake he made. He collapsed onto the ground, the pain of it all too horrible to contain. He screamed out in sorrow before his eyes closed and he passed out.
꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Jack opened his eyes to see a small crab in front of him. He was now back to where the Pearl sit beached in the large white desert. The crab looked at him as he awoke, but he turned to see the Pearl now moving, thousands of the same little crabs picking up the ship and carrying it through the desert.

She is alive. A voice whispered in Jack's head, and it wasn't one of his hallucinations. She waits for you, Jack. She mourned for you. She loves you desperately. Save yourself to save her.

Jack quickly stood up as fast as he could, and ran after the Black Pearl. The idea of seeing his love once more frightened him after what he just saw, but if what the voice said was true, then it was all just the Locker tormenting him as it does.

Jack had enough.

He quickly climbed aboard his ship and climbed up the mast to see where the crabs were taking him. Looking out, all he saw was the endless white plain that he had been trapped in. Until, he looked further and saw that there were mountains of sand he didn't notice before. There must be something beyond that.

He would hopefully soon find out.

And hopefully, see the woman he loves once more.