Chapter 18

The sword that Will had made himself was plunged into his heart, the boy crying out in pain as Jones twisted the blade to widen the wound. Elizabeth and (Y/n) gasped in distress, and Jack looked on shocked.

"Will... no!!" (Y/n) cried as she watched Elizabeth get close to her husband of five minutes. They had just gotten married. Why was fate so cruel as to tear them apart already?

Jack looked on, conflicted and upset, and into the unforgiving and guiltless eyes of Davy Jones. He laughed at the torment he created. Jack looked from Will to the heart. Then, finally, he looked into the eyes of the woman he loved. She sat by Will and Elizabeth's side as the boy gasped for breath, crying as her brother was being taken from her.

"Will don't do this... don't do this! Don't leave us!" she cried. Even through the rain, Jack could see what were tears and what were raindrops.

"Look at me! Stay with me! You're all right!" Elizabeth begged.

Bootstrap looked to the knife at his side, realizing and remembering. "William? My son!". The man charged Jones and attacked him from behind, knocking the devil aside as he fought for his son.

(Y/n) looked from Will to Jack, who stood frozen in the shock of it all. When their eyes met, she cried, "Please don't let him die, Jack! Please..."

Jack moved to her side as quickly as he could, for Jones had thrown Bootstrap to the rails and was about to dispose of him as well. Placing Will's hand around the hilt of the sword, it was raised above the heart, and brought down on the bleeding organ.

Davy Jones sputtered and halted, feeling pain for the first time in many years. Looking back, he saw the hand of Will Turner fall from the hilt that stabbed his heart. He gasped and looked up at the sky, whispering, "Calypso...". He stumbled to the edge of the ship, falling over and into the eternal abyss of the ocean.

(Y/n) looked to her brother, who still lay weak. "Come on, Will... come on don't leave us..."

The dying man gasped one last breath, his face in Elizabeth's hands. "No... no no! No!!" Elizabeth cried as she watched her husband die in her arms.

"Will! No!!" (Y/n) sobbed, desperately wondering why he wasn't alive. He stabbed the heart. Shouldn't he be fine!?

"Part of the crew. Part of the ship. Part of the crew..." they heard chanting around them.

Jack knew they had to escape before the ship went down with them. He grabbed a screaming Elizabeth and (Y/n) away from Will, much to their protest. They weren't in the right state of mind, he knew this, but they had to get out of there if they wanted to live. He grabbed the rope from the sails and a gun, holding on tight as he aimed the musket.

"Hold on!" he shouted to the girls, and fired at the rope connecting the sail to the ship.

(Y/n) clung to him as they flew into the air, being carried by the wind as the sail gently lowered them. They watched in sorrow as the Flying Dutchman, with Will still aboard, sank into the water, being swallowed up by the last of the maelstrom. The rain was letting up and the sky cleared, allowing them to safely land in the water.

Jack swam up to (Y/n) and held her by her waist as the Black Pearl sailed by to retrieve them. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)." he said sincerely. All she did was lightly grab his collar and place her head on his chest as they tread the water.

Gibbs helped them aboard the ship, Elizabeth staying by the railing slightly as Jack and (Y/n) walked towards the center of the deck and looked out at the Endeavour. Beckett was aboard that ship, and (Y/n) wanted to make the small man pay.