Chapter 16

The Black Pearl raced forward in the wind, the rain pelting down on all of them. The waves crashed against the side of the ship as they headed for the Flying Dutchman.

"Have you noticed, on top of everything, it's raining?!" Pintel stated upset.

"That's a bad sign!" Ragetti claimed.

"Man the capstan. Raise the main topyard. Keep that powder dry!" Gibbs ordered as he walked through the ship.

Ahead of them, (Y/n) saw the lighting crash in the water, the sea twisting and forming in front of them. Widening her eyes, she looked up at the sky as Gibbs yelled out, "Maelstrom!"

Elizabeth, Will, and (Y/n) all turned to look at Barbossa, who stood on the railing looking out a the raging sea. "Captain Barbossa!" Elizabeth called.

"We need you at the helm!" (Y/n) told him.

He turned to look at the girl and said, "Aye, that be true." He pushed Cotton aside from the wheel and grabbed it, taking control of the ship. "Brace up yards, you cack-handed deck apes! Dyin' is the day worth livin' for!"

They got closer and closer to the growing maelstrom in front of them, as did the Flying Dutchman. The lighting shot from the sky right into the center of the pit.

"Veer off!" Mercer yelled from his station.

"She'll not harm us!" Davy Jones claimed, and took the wheel back from the soldier. "Full-bore and into the abyss-ah!"

"Are you mad?!" Mercer cried, stopping Jones.

"HA! Ya 'fraid ta get wet-ah?" he taunted, and steered the ship right into the maelstrom.

The Black Pearl circled around the abyss as they saw the Dutchman go right into it. They were using the force and momentum of the rushing water to gain on the Pearl. "She's on our stern and gaining!" Will yelled.

"More speed! Haul yer wind and hold yer water." Barbossa shouted to the crew.

(Y/n) ducked as cannon-fire blew bits of the ship around. Unfortunate men got knocked back by the force of the blasts and were knocked into the seas.

"Take us out or they'll overbear us!" Will stated to Barbossa, who continued forward.

"Nay! Further in. We'll cut across to faster waters." he claimed, and spun the helm to port.

"Prepare to broadside!" (Y/n) and Elizabeth shouted to the crew.

"Captain the guns! Bear a hand!" Gibbs shouted.

"Muster your courage, men!" (Y/n) shouted to the crew, who were pulling their cannons to the side for attack.

"At the ready!" Will shouted.
꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Inside the Flying Dutchman's brig, Jack stood with his three hallucinations, muttering, "think like the whelp". Translation: What would Will do? It wasn't until one of his hallucinations muttered "Half-barrel hinges" that he knew what to do. Grabbing a piece of wood and a barrel, he placed the wood in one of the holes of the cell door, put the barrel under, and pushed down on the other end of the wood, lifting the door from its hinges. Jack kicked it aside.

"Wish us luck, boys. We'll need it." he said as he left.

"I miss him already." said one Jack.

"He is quite charming, isn't he? I see why (Y/n) likes him." the other Jack said.

"NOBODY MOVE!" the Dutchman Jack cried. "...I've dropped me brain...". The other two Jacks looked at each other curiously.

Main Jack knew he wouldn't miss any of them. He had to get back to his kelpie.
꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂