Chapter 15

The bowl full of the nine pieces of eight hovered in front of Tia Dalma as she stood against the mast, Barbossa dropping the last two pieces in: Jack's beads and Elizabeth's necklace.

"Be there some manner of rite or incantation?" Gibbs asked from the side.

"Aye. The items brought together, done." Barbossa said, waving his hands over the trinkets. He grabbed a cannon igniter as Gibbs poured some rum into the bowl. "Items to be burned, and someone must speak the words, 'Calypso, I release you from your human bonds.'"

"Is that it?" Pintel asked, underwhelmed.

"'Tis said is must be spoken as if to a lover." Barbossa said, and that made the crew smirk and 'ohh' in satisfaction. (Y/n), however, thought it to be cruel on Tia's part. Barbossa raised the igniter and boomed, "Calypso, I release you from your human bonds!"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes as he attempted to burn the items, but when nothing happened, looked at them in confusion. They obviously didn't realize what it meant by 'lover'.

"Is that it?" Pintel asked once more.

"No, no no. He didn't say it right!" Ragetti spoke up. When Barbossa looked at him in question, as well as the crew, he glanced around rather shyly. "He didn't... You-You have to say it right." Ragetti looked towards Tia, who looked right back. "Calypso..." he said softly, and leaned close to her ear to whisper. "I release you from your human bonds..."

Tia leaned her head back as the nine pieces of eight suddenly caught fire. Pintel let go of the bowl, only for it to hover in the air. The crew watched as the items burning created lines of smoke, which two men forced Tia to inhale, the smoke entering her nose as she closed her eyes and began to shake.

"Tia Dalma!" Will shouted, breaking free of his hold, only to be snatched back. Tia did not look at him. This wasn't Tia Dalma anymore. She had broken free, and was a goddess once more.

This was Calypso.

"Calypso." Will said. Her head shot to face him as the bowl dropped to the ground, the ashes spreading across the floor. "When the Brethren Court first imprisoned you, who was it that told them how? Who was it that betrayed you?"

"Name him!" Calypso demanded, still shaking.

"Davy Jones."

Calypso's face turned from one of anger to one of heartbreak and sorrow. She could feel her heart shattering to pieces then and there as the agony consumed her being. She began to grow in her bonds, causing the rope to slip from the crew's hands.

"This is it! This is it!" Pintel shouted as they watched Calypso grow in pain and power.

The ropes began to snap, and the deck of the Pearl began to crush under the weight of the goddess. Everyone moved backwards away from her in fear, for she was now free, and freedom meant she could do whatever she wanted. Barbossa stepped forward, and bowed before the goddess, the crew soon following.

"Calypso! I come before ye as but a servant, humble and contrite. I have fulfilled me vow and now ask your favor." Barbossa said, looking up at the smirking face of Calypso. "Spare meself, me ship, me crew... but unleash your fury upon those who dare pretend themselves your masters... or mine."

Calypso looked at this puny mortal in amusement. Did he really think he mattered to her? That he mattered at all? That he could ask her a favor? She was a goddess, and now that she was free, no longer had to take order nor question from any being. Men were weak compared to her.

Calypso's face turned from amusement to fury as she began to shout unintelligible words in an incantation or curse in a deep and loud voice. She glared down upon the pirates that released her, shaking her head in anger. Her skin began rough looking, and she transformed into thousands of crabs that allowed her to be free of the bonds she was in.

The crabs flooded the ship and knocked over the crew, hurling some over the side as they emptied into the ocean. (Y/n) covered her face with her hands, feeling the nip and prick of the claws and legs of the crabs. Once they were finally off the ship, she felt one of the clipped to her ear, and winced in pain as she managed to get it off without damaging herself. She saw Pintel had one on his nose, and Ragetti was trying to get one out of his pants.

"Is that it?" Will asked as he stood.

Everyone looked over the side of the ship where the crabs had gone. "Why, she's no help at all." Pintel stated in annoyance. He looked to Barbossa, who stood next to him, looking out at the sea. "What now?"

"Nothin'. Our final hope has failed us." Barbossa claimed.

(Y/n) felt the wind start to pick up, blowing more harshly, and looked up to see dark clouds beginning to cover up the blue sky. Calypso was ready for a war, and she was on no one's side.

"It's not over." Elizabeth claimed.

"There's still a fight to be had." (Y/n) said from next to Will and Gibbs.

"We've an armada against us, and with the Dutchman, there's no chance." Gibbs stated.

"There's only a fool's chance." Elizabeth said.

"Revenge won't bring you father back, Miss Swann, and it's not something I'm intending to die for." Barbossa said from behind Lizzie.

"You're right." (Y/n) said. "Then what shall we die for?"

Elizabeth looked to her friend before calling out to everyone. "You will listen to me. Listen!" She climbed up to the rail of the Pearl and looked out at the crew. "The Brethren will still be looking here, to us, to the Black Pearl, to lead. And what will they see? Frightened bilge rats aboard a derelict ship? No. No, they will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see is the flash of our cannons. They will hear the ring of our swords and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs, and the courage of our hearts... gentlemen... hoist the colors."

(Y/n) looked at her best friend with pride upon her face. She had grown up into one of the greatest pirates here. "Hoist the colors." she said.

"Hoist the colors." Will joined in, as did Pintel and Ragetti.

"Hoist the colors."

"Hoist the colors!"

"Aye. The wind's on our side, boys! That's all we need!" Gibbs yelled out, and the crew cheered in exhilaration.

"Hoist the colors!" Elizabeth shouted to her own ship.

With that command, each and every pirate ship raised their respective flags upon the mast, the differing colors, shapes, and designs all clashing together in the sky.

They each may be different, but they all had one similarity.

They were the colors of the pirates.

Elizabeth stood at the helm and watched as the pirate flag for the Pearl was raised, (Y/n) by her side. Will and Barbossa soon joined them, and they looked out at the armada that faced them. They were not going to let the East India Trading Company control them any longer. They were not going to let Beckett destroy them. They were pirates, and they weren't going down without a fight.
꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Aboard the Flying Dutchman, Mr. Mercer looked to the Endeavour for their orders, and received a signal from the other ship. Turning, he shouted out to his crew and Davy Jones's. "To arms! We give no quarter!"

Davy Jones's crew cheered, but he turned and looked towards the sky where he could see the clouds forming and shaping in a way quicker than was natural. He knew now, Calypso was freed.

"Calypso..." Jones whispered. In return, the sky thundered and lightning cracker, and the rain pelted down upon his face. He realized now that she knew. She knew he had betrayed her. It was he who imprisoned her. For the first time in years, he felt guilt enter his heart. Jones began screaming up at the sky in anger. Ordering the Dutchman forward, they set out towards the Black Pearl, which came straight for them.

There was a war to be won.