Chapter 20

The days seemed longer and longer as they passed, and (Y/n) was getting tired of eating cold biscuits and just enough water to let her get by. They were treating her like a prisoner. She didn't understand. What did she do to deserve this?

She missed Jack more than her heart could take. She didn't know if he was looking for her, or decided to forget her. She hoped it was not the latter. She imagined different scenarios in her head of Jack coming to save her from whatever fate Barbossa had planned for her.

Both of the necklaces around her throat seemed to weigh her down. Jack's made her sorrowful, and her mother's made her feel unsafe. It was something she never thought she would feel with the bottle around her neck. But, as the nights passed further into memory, it felt heavier and heavier, as if attempting to warn her about something.

Up on the deck, it was the dead of night, and Barbossa was watching the seas for any sign of the ship he was looking for. They were off the coast of Hispaniola, waiting. He did not plan to give up his bounty without fair compensation, or what he saw as fair compensation. (Y/n) was difficult enough to kidnap from Jack, for they never left each other's side. Until he finally left her alone when he went into Tortuga. The perfect opportunity.

"Captain! There's a ship coming up the port side!" Barbossa heard Marty yell, and turned to see the dark silhouette approaching.

"At last." he muttered.

Suddenly, the ropes of the Pearl began to move on their own, as if being possessed. The sails flapped and the ship creaked in an unnatural way. Barbossa looked around, wondering when this wind came on. The waves beneath the ship began to batter and beat the sides, and soon they were riddled with cannon fire.

The rigging of the ship was coming alive, wrapping up his crew and hanging them in the air. The screamed and shouted as some were thrown overboard and others were suspended above the sails, which had come undone and were waving uncontrollably in the power of the gusts. They wrapped up the crew like snakes capturing their prey.

The crew from the other ship boarded, cackling and killing those who got in their way. They held multiple torches, and a few were covered in scars and runes, a dead look in their eyes as they killed the men around them.

(Y/n) heard the ruckus from below, and looked to see a substance dripping from the ceiling. Holding out her hand, she reached out to see what it was, only to find it red and thick. Blood. Snatching her hand back, she wiped it off, and turned to see Ragetti with the keys to her cell.

"Ragetti! What is going on?" she asked, but he did not answer, he simply unlocked her cell door and motioned for her to follow. She did, but only because she wanted to be free from this confinement.

The deck was in chaos when she walked up onto it. Ragetti was soon taken by the rigging, and (Y/n) gaped in fear at the sight before her. She ducked when a cannon almost took her head off. She felt something snake around her ankle and lift her up into the air, hanging her upside down. She screamed as she was taken higher and higher, until it all suddenly stopped.

A man crossed from the other ship to the Black Pearl, a young woman close behind him. A large sword sit in his hand. As he moved it, the rigging moved with it, tightening its hold around many of the crew.

"Who here be named Captain?" the man shouted.

"That would be me." Barbossa said, walking forward.

"I understand you have what I want, Barbossa." the man claimed.

"Aye, but I need to discuss the price. She was difficult enough to obtain."

"Don't toy with me. Give her up, and I will let your crew live." the man sneered.

"Father." the woman beside him warned.

"That was not the terms of the agreement, Blackbeard. I expect to be payed me fair share." Barbossa snapped, now upset. (Y/n) widened her eyes in shock. This man was the infamous Captain Blackbeard?

"I've altered the terms of the agreement. Pray I do not alter it further." the Blackbeard said, and Barbossa was lifted up by his right leg as he tried to draw his sword. "Which one of you can tell me where I will find (Y/n) Rogers?" he boomed

"Who wants to know?" she shouted. Blackbeard turned her way, and the ropes around her ankle slithered until she was right side up, but her arms and legs were rendered useless by their hold.

"Do you know who I am, girl?" he asked, and his eyes moved to the bottle around her neck. "Where did you get this?"

"Its was my mother's. What's it to you." she sneered, her teeth clenched.

Blackbeard looked from (Y/n) to the woman next to him. "Angelica, I believe it's time you met your sister."

"Father, this is her?" the woman, Angelica, asked.

"What? What do you mean sister?" (Y/n) shouted.

"Dear girl, don't you see?" Blackbeard asked. "I'm your father."

WHAT??!!

"What?!" (Y/n) shrieked, not believing the man in front of her. "No, you can't be..."

"Your mother, Maria Rogers, took you away from me and hid you after I gave her that necklace. When I tried finding her, I saw her stabbed by my enemies, and she died in my arms." Blackbeard claimed.

"That's not..." (Y/n) gasped, breathing heavily. "That's not possible..."

"Believe what you will, but I speak the truth." he said, and dropped the girl from the hold of the ropes. She landed on her feet and rubbed her aching wrists. "Come join my crew, my daughter. Join at your sister's side."

(Y/n) looked to Angelica. She had a Spanish accent and long brown hair, a hat covering part of her head. "And why would I join your crew?"

"Was a father what you always longed for, my dear? Wondering where you had come from? Who gave you that necklace?" Blackbeard listed off. It was true, she had always wanted to know who her father was, and to be by his side.

"You may be my flesh and blood, but how can I see you as a father when I do not know you?" (Y/n) claimed, making the man in front of her chuckle humorlessly.

"Nevertheless, you will come aboard, or die. This ship is bound for what I do not wish you to be a part of, not after my long search for you, my dear." Blackbeard stated. He drew his sword, and the wind picked up once more, the waves crashing against the ship. She didn't have much of a choice. Could she come to see him as the father she always wanted?

"I will go with you, Blackbeard." she said, and the man gave a satisfied look as he sheathed his sword and started towards his ship, Queen Anne's Revenge. She had no other choice is she wanted to live.

"So, you are the one he's been searching for this whole time?" Angelica asks.

"I supposed. And what of you?" (Y/n) replied.

"I was lost as well. Not as hidden as you were, sister."

(Y/n) did not wish to call her that. Sure, they may be related by blood, but she hardly knew her, and therefore, felt no connection to her whatsoever.

When they entered the ship, Blackbeard unsheathed his sword and pointed it at the Black Pearl. He muttered some incantation, and (Y/n) saw the crew jump off the ship as he did. She watched as Barbossa swung his sword at his right leg and fell, yelling in pain as he did. As he jumped, the Pearl shrunk, and was soon trapped inside of a small bottle.

"Oh my God..." she muttered as she was taken below deck by Angelica,

"Welcome to the family, sister." she said.